Your Favourite Band instrument??!!!

So which one is your fave??

• Total voters

Rambo Chick

a silly thread

i love my flugel and think its the best instrument!!!

what do you think???

Carolyn

flugel
utd co-op yorkshire

Trigger

Having only played cornet, I would have to say solo cornet. There is always something challenging on most solo cornet parts and the part is always interesting. However, I think to listen to (as I haven't played them), euph and flugel would have to be the best instruments- for both the parts and the sound.

drummerboy

I voted percussion (have played most others at some point though!)
Percussion though...
versatile
loads of instruments to play
and above all...

LOUD!!!!!

when required of course!

groovy

Bass Trombone!!! Theres the loudness, the pedals, the "bass trombone head".... u gotta love it.

drummerboy

groovy said:
Bass Trombone!!! Theres the loudness, the pedals, the "bass trombone head".... u gotta love it.

Love the pedals (play bass trom myself sometimes...), and I don't see any point playing bass trom quietly... :D
But the bass trombone head? Am I missing something? :?

Naomi McFadyen

awww yea, love pedals on bass trom and basses...
but, still cant beat the bang of percussion! (boom boooom!) :lol:

really bad pun eh!!!! :lol:

groovy

drummerboy said:
groovy said:

Love the pedals (play bass trom myself sometimes...), and I don't see any point playing bass trom quietly... :D
But the bass trombone head? Am I missing something? :?

Ah, yes, bass trombone head. An ailment commonly suffered by younger bass trombonists (maybe older too, I dunno!) It can sometimes be contracted by tubaists too. After a period of playing, especially if pedals are involved, the player suffers great amounts of dizziness and lightheadedness which could possibly involve eventually passing out though I have never seen this happen. :shock:

I think that someone is bored, eh Carolyn!!! :wink:

Haven't you got loads of composition and arranging to do? :? :p

Oh, and by the way, my fav instrument is the trombone, cos with the way we sit in uni band, I get to blow down a certain flugal players ear! :lol:

MRSH

Supporting Member
I'm a percussionist - hey sorry :D :D :D (and a conductor!!!!)

I voted Bass Trombone 'cos I think this instrument in the right hands is just the best. It's very under-rated and very under-used. Respect to all you Bass Trombone players out there.

My second choice (if you're interested) is the soprano cornet. I just love the sound of a good sop player sitting just above the front row (or some times quite a way above).

One extreme to the other I know but these two intruments are just quality in the right hands.