Young Ambassadors Brass Band

asteria

shawneuph said:
How does Trio Con Brio go Helen !!!
Hehe, something like – pom...pom...pom...“Erm, was that me?!” - I'm sure the three tenors version didn't have the same lyrics as Graham's!
Not so sure about bohemian rhapsody tho, how does that go?! It’s not a tune I’ve heard before?!

The phrase “all the right notes not necessarily in the right places” springs to mind!

lynchie said:
Being the ignorant sort of person that I am, could someone tell me what this whole YABB thing is about?

For the uninitiated YABB is the Young Ambassadors Brass Band. It's a bunch of quality (?!) players from round the country who meet 2 or 3 times a year to do a tour, usually to europe or USA/canada.

Think Mr Walker had it perfectly described as “player for player the best scratch band in the world, playing like a load of Grade A tards” (edited version!). Basically lots of playing, drinking, more drinking and a hell of a lot of laughing! Oh, and more drinking!! :guiness

Aidan

varlster said:
Think Mr Walker had it perfectly described as ?player for player the best scratch band in the world, playing like a load of Grade A tards? (edited version!). Basically lots of playing, drinking, more drinking and a hell of a lot of laughing! Oh, and more drinking!!

haha thats a great description :D

my favourite memories are the seven dwarfs routine in that pub in luxembourg which really confused the locals, especially when they tried joining in our "yogi bear" chorus with local folk songs.
And the audience, taking our lead, chanting "you fat b***ard" at Jay after he had finished playing his solo topless with a beer bottle in hand :D

good stuff shaun, yeah i really wanted to do it, but i double booked myself with a mates band i'd promised i'd do :x

tubafran

European Trip - Holland

Looks like you lot had a fine time if somewhat weird. Would anyone care to repeat the European tour experience in Holland - 21 to 29 August this year?

Killamarsh Silver Band are organising the trip and this will be our third year, last two were to Belgium. We are staying in Amsterdam fro 4 nights and Arnhem for the last 4. Playing each day at Maastricht, Amsterdam, Arrhem etc plus lots of free time in the evenings for social activities. (couldn't spell sociallissing).

If you are interested please pm me or look at the Recrutiment Corner for details of the tour - we are still in need of front row cornets and a horn wouldn't go amis.

http://themouthpiece.com/viewtopic.php?t=5958[/url]

hope the link works

shawneuph

Supporting Member
Helen, i see you make no mention of the "Musical Director " and i use the term Musical in the loosest of terms :? :? :? :?

Lauradoll

Errr mo Helen, I'm not lost ta, just back form an adventure in town!!!

Shawn, I think there's a reacon Helen didn't mention musical director!! :D :D :D

Just been to Boots, they wouldn't sell me any Playstations but I got a load of Nurofen- apparently it's the same thing! :shock:

bananamunter

Account Suspended
Hello YABB friends

I am glad you enjoyed all the tour to my country fabulous. If any body would like a holiday soon to Lux then contact me I will be glad to share my single bed with anyone.

Thank you very much HellenV I will mail you my address for the photogeraphies

asteria

Tried to start this in the other yabb thread which has been locked so try again – of the hundreds of people who have been on some of the 73 (or is it 74?) yabb tours there must be some on here – what’s everyone’s favourite memories?

Aidan’s already started us off, my personal favourites include –
Everyone scrambling back on the pier when some bright spark thought it was a good idea to take the band photo on a boat meant to hold max 12 people
The first time I saw Richard Robinson doing Riverdance!
Having a singing contest with a santa claus lookalike local in Luxembourg :lol:

Bones

Helen V said:
Tried to start this in the other yabb thread which has been locked so try again – of the hundreds of people who have been on some of the 73 (or is it 74?) yabb tours there must be some on here – what’s everyone’s favourite memories?

Everyone scrambling back on the pier when some bright spark thought it was a good idea to take the band photo on a boat meant to hold max 12 people

I'm afraid I am at a bit of a disadvantage on this one having only just popped my YABB cherry.

But Wallbanger "dancing" behind Frank during the trom trio and the last night Playstation Scam. Laura getting "lost" on one flight of steps in the hotel during the 2004 Easter Eggs Wars was mildly humorous.

Hopefully more to come

Keppler

Staff member
sorry about that Helen - makes more sense to have it in one place though - mods nightmare having to maintain multiple threads on the same topic... ;)

p.s. the boat incident sounds fun - hope someone got photos of the mad scramble

asteria

No probs kepps, i understand a mods job is not an easy one :wink:

And yep the boat incident was hilarious, although the owner of the boat didn't find it quite as funny! No photos of it tho, would have paid a load for them! :lol:

yorkie19

BananaMunter (can I call you BM?)

Welcome to tMP. We are thinking of having a YABB reunion over here in the UK later this year. Would you, and Smiley Munter, like to join us?

Lauradoll

Bones said:
Helen V said:

I'm afraid I am at a bit of a disadvantage on this one having only just popped my YABB cherry.

But Wallbanger "dancing" behind Frank during the trom trio and the last night Playstation Scam. Laura getting "lost" on one flight of steps in the hotel during the 2004 Easter Eggs Wars was mildly humorous.

Hopefully more to come

Hey, those stairs were confusing!!!!! And that Manuel "GADGE" was a scary "RADGE".....totally off topic, I was in the bank today and this gadge in front of me had (I think anyway) tourettes, he was shouting and swearing at everything, people, pillars, floor, cheque books...I couldn't stop laughing. Thankfully YABB had prepared me for "try not to laugh, just get on with it" moments. But I must confess, I let myself down and laughed.

Anyway- Tim Smith getting off the coach in Belgium and asking the wee wonam who sits grabbing money of folk to use to toilet "Is there a Cash Oil in here???"

The Removal Committee emptying room 103

Robbo looking for his bed in our room, while he was staring right at it and not realising

Any more for any more..........

Just back from band- very strange playing sober, and to a beat as well!!

dave

My lasting memory of this tour was Mark Handley holding up his hand in Live and Let Die to say that the band without the conductor or soloist knowing was going to repeat 5 times!!!!

asteria

Yeah he really spoilt it didn't he, the peg on your back was even funnier tho! :wink:

As for band last night i've had to go out and get some arnica cream my top lip is that swollen (i'm starting to look like leslie ash - scary!!). It's very hard to play seriously again and not just raz everything out!

bananamunter

Account Suspended
yorkie19 said:

Welcome to tMP. We are thinking of having a YABB reunion over here in the UK later this year. Would you, and Smiley Munter, like to join us?

Ooh Samuel that is a very kind offer. I will ask my freind Gertrud "Smelly Munter" if she would visit like to England. where would we sleep>? I am very looking forward visit England. Will Mr Raldall and Mr Wall Banger be there???

Lauradoll

Helen V said:
Yeah he really spoilt it didn't he, the peg on your back was even funnier tho! :wink:

Yeah I was gutted too. Spoilt the little plan!! Pegs were also put to good use on Sunday night, Scott looked like a walking washing line walking through the streets of Luxembourg!!!!

HelenV said:
As for band last night i've had to go out and get some arnica cream my top lip is that swollen (i'm starting to look like leslie ash - scary!!). It's very hard to play seriously again and not just raz everything out!

Hey there Trout Pout!!!!!Band was great last night.......when we got there!! Damn those pesky car keys!! Got all my stuff in my £2.50 handbag though!!!!

yorkie19

bananamunter said:
yorkie19 said:

Ooh Samuel that is a very kind offer. I will ask my freind Gertrud "Smelly Munter" if she would visit like to England. where would we sleep>? I am very looking forward visit England. Will Mr Raldall and Mr Wall Banger be there???

I'm sure Mr Robinson could find you somewhere to sleep, if he has the time!

Beds, Baritones and Beer

Can anyone a) let me know the time, b) provide me with a bed c) let me know where I can get an entry visa.

See you all soon, or sooner than you'd hoped.