Young Ambassadors Brass Band of Great Britain

cornetgirl

Well, I'm glad the tour went well - despite seeing all your ugly mugs on the ferry at 6.30am on Saturday morning!!!! And Elin, why didn't you come and say hi!!!!!!!

Our tour went very well too and seems like it was just as alcoholic. Good to meet Helen V again after all these years courtesy of P&O!

Rach x

Roger Thorne

cornetgirl said:
And Elin, why didn't you come and say hi!
By all accounts she couldn't stand up let alone talk!
tongue.gif

cornetgirl

Too true - I only hope my favourite godcornet Cornealia was better behaved than her mother or for that matter myself!

Rach x

PS: - These guys are hard cases - drinking on rough ferry at 6.30am while I was trying not to be sick with Harrogate!

twigglet

I didn't realise it was you Rachel on the ferry, or I would have come and said hello, I'm sorry!!

They are very much hard cases though you are right, I have never been exposed to a group of people so committed to drinking for 24 hours in a day than the YABB lot. They have certainly taught me a thing or two.

Word of advice though, playing third cornet off beats while being a bit battered is not a good idea. You end up playing mostly the right notes in mostly the wrong places! :roll:
:wink:

Straightmute

Sorry I didn't get to see you or Sam on the boat but I did get a word with Helen. We were drinking in the other bar...

D

Aidan

yorkie19 said:
No, I think the video clip of Lisa eating was taken by Mr Handley. I certainly DON'T want reminding of that!

For the record, the bus smelt worse on the trip to Luxembourg last October. Although Mr Robinson altered the smell of the bus fairly quickly, we hadn't even left Upper Road last October!

Sam

Oh dear.. that 1st video wouldnt happen to be the Salamander would it? ;) ;)

and it wasnt robinson who struck first before we got out of franks road! Wasnt it the yabb-renowned chunder-boy, that guy from st helens???
but the floor was quite sticky with robinsons vodka :!:

cornetgirl

Sounds like you all had a great time - while I can't make it for the summer trip due to work commitments, pls can I come after that???

Rach x

Aidan

no neil.. was some guy from st helens brass

lol sam.. did he beat the incredible chunder-boy's record tho? ;)

yorkie19

No. He gave it his best shot, however, he hadn't drunk enough pints in Yates'. Oh well, there is always the October trip. :wink:

asteria

YABB

I think Mr Motley, sorry Notley, got quite an impressive record for staying in the toilet the longest on the way back - i've never seen anybody look so green!! Talking of toilets, anybody know if Clive is better yet?!

Claire said:
And to both you and Sam, the toilet is far worse on a summer trip. You live with it every day in red hot temperatures!!

Oh my god, i think we're gonna need a more ample supply of pegs!! Just the thought of that smell makes me feel ill....... :?

As for blobbing in after drinking, nothing quite beats the president, heehee! :D

Helen

Claire

I received a text Thurs dinner time saying that 'after laxatives and a curry the a-bomb finally dropped'!!
Thinks he lost a couple of stone and says we should all be glad it didn't happen on the bus.

Claire
x