You won't like this.... but resistance is futile.

Should the Banding movement allow Trekkies to be involved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Will the Sec

OK, do you think the band movement should allow people who are Trekkies to be involved?

Two Options

You are without honour!

or

Make it so!

DaveR

Don't brass bands have enough of an image problem without getting trekkies involved too? ;)

Yonhee - a Trekkie is a Star Trek fan / obsessive / nerd......

yonhee

DaveR said:
Yonhee - a Trekkie is a Star Trek fan / obsessive / nerd......
Tank you, How come they aren't allowed in now?
I think they should be allowed as long as they don't talk about start tek cause I always get it confused with the other star one.

bigmamabadger

DaHjaj'oH QaQ jaj Daq Hegh!
That's all I have to say on the matter. I do have a friend who owns a Star Trek Security Officer's uniform and once shared a jacuzzi with Armin Zimmerman (he was a Ferengi...) at a convention...:rolleyes:
BMB
xx

ronnie_the_lizard

I like the one where Blake (and the other 7 crew members) learns that he was once a major resistance leader, but the Federation have wiped his memory....... or was that something else....... ?)

...and what's wrong with Trekkies anyway?

I don't have many videos :oops:

I don't think I fancy sharing a hot tub with a Ferengi though :(
That's going a bit too far!!

1alexm

yonhee said:
Tank you, How come they aren't allowed in now?
I think they should be allowed as long as they don't talk about start tek cause I always get it confused with the other star one.
you mean "star wars":p

Pythagoras

Proud owner of several complete seasons and various episodes and films and books. We could definitely do with a bit of a vulcan perspective from people after they've heard there contest results.

Could Data play a brass instrument. Is an android so doesn't breathe, yet produces speech?

PeterBale

Staff member
There's quite a few bands well on the way to embracing Trekkiedom, particularly the bit about

"to baldly go . . . "

bigmamabadger

Pythagoras said:
Could Data play a brass instrument. Is an android so doesn't breathe, yet produces speech?
As Data calmly announces to Tasha Yar, "I am a fully functioning android" (If you didn't see those episodes I'm not going to explain it) I should think he could utilise air to produce a sound from a brass instrument. At least he'd have a good lip.
Although I see him as a sort of brilliant baroque-style trumpeter, rather than a brass bander. He does play the violin after all...
BMB
xx