Yorkshire Regional Championships - 2010

andyfake

And having checked my adding up ever so carefully ;), here's how I reckon the rankings for Section 3 shape up.
Remember that this is unofficial and that all promotions, relegations etc are subject to an appeals procedure and will be confirmed at a later date by the Regional Committee.

Wetherby 13.5 prom
Clifton & Lightcliffe 14 prom
Crofton 15
Chapeltown 16.5 (can be promoted by winning the Finals)
Elland 17
Gawthorpe '85' 19
Gawthorpe 20
Maltby 21
Lofthouse 21.5
Skelmanthorpe B 21.5
West Yorks Police 23 rel
Armthorpe 24 rel

andyfake

And the points they will carry into 2011:

Crofton 6
Chapeltown 11 (unless promoted through Finals)
Elland 11.5
Gawthorpe '85' 13
Gawthorpe 15
Maltby 15.5
Lofthouse 16
Skelmanthorpe B 16

Incoming Bands 13 (6.5 + 6.5)

PSB Tom

And the points they will carry into 2011:

Crofton 6
Chapeltown 11 (unless promoted through Finals)
Elland 11.5
Gawthorpe '85' 13
Gawthorpe 15
Maltby 15.5
Lofthouse 16
Skelmanthorpe B 16

Incoming Bands 13 (6.5 + 6.5)

Is the average mark for yesterday not 6, so incoming bands will have 12.5 points?

Zappa

By the way Dave, listened to most of 2nd section yesterday (with the score etc) as i'm wagging Kingdoms next week at North West area. Thought Frickley delivered a very good performance and had you further up the field than 6th. However, from what i'm led to understand congrats on promotion.

Zappa

1. Wakefield Metropolitan
9. Rothwell Temperance
12. Old Silkstone

Heard the big boys are in the first 6 or 7

Zappa

6. Grimethorpe
9. Rothwell Temperance
12. Old Silkstone

andyfake

Is the average mark for yesterday not 6, so incoming bands will have 12.5 points?

It's the average of 1 to 12 points (mean or median is the same), so 6.5. Just not sure what happens in Section 2, where one band withdrew and one did not enter, but still appear on the rankings. I've assumed they count all 12 registered bands in the section, so 6.5, but it could be 5.5 or 6! It'll all be published in due course, once the promotions etc. have been confirmed

Valvecap

Thanks Zappa - like I said earlier, I was really proud of the band and there performance - I said to them before we went on that we cant have any impact on the result, only the performance - and I was happy with the performance - the guys in the box didnt... thats contesting! Good luck in the NW area!

Zappa

2. Powerfield Hatfield
3. Black Dyke
4. Marsden Silver
5. Brighouse & Rastrick
6. Grimethorpe
9. Rothwell Temperance
12. Old Silkstone

Zappa

Heard Wakefield Met yesterday at their rehearsal. If they take what they've done in the bandroom onto the stage i think they'll suprise a few people. Don't get me wrong, won't be with the 'big boys' but will certainly give a great account of themselves. Go on bro!!

andyfake

Got to agree Zappa - heard them Friday - very stylish reading by Norman and the players are well capable of pulling it off.