Yorkshire Gradings Published - Call your Band Secretary!

Owen

Dear All

The Yorkshire Regional Committee has sent out notifications, which we have received today, of the final gradings which take effect from next year. For those of you that have an interest, can I recommend you contact your secretaries for news?

As some of the bands concerned may not yet have seen the communications, it would not be appropriate to comment on how others have fared. Suffice it to say, United Co-op Yorkshire Band is really pleased that we have had our promotion to the championship section confirmed!

geordiecolin

Oooooh errr!! Hope our promotion back to 1st Section has been confirmed!!

Will also be interested to see if Stannington were successful in their appeal. Won't even open that whole can of worms that is the Chmapionship Section relegations!!

ploughboy

I'll add to the semi official list by saying we at Emley have been relegated to 4th section, and our friends and local rival's Grange Moor have been promoted to 3rd (only band going up).

geordiecolin

Without giving away too much.... Championship section will have shrunk next year and there will be a larger and porbablyb extremely competitive 1st section.

geordiecolin

Don't want to be the one who says!! I'm shy!!! :oops: :oops:

Aaawwww, go on then! (But don't tell anyon else!!)

[whispers]Imps are down to 1st :shock: as are Knottingley and Chapeltown. Only Yorks Co-Op went up cos Hatfield appealed against promotion. Stannington successfully appealed against relegation meaning only 1 band went down to 2nd whilst BBS and YBS Concert went the other way [/whispers]

Andy_Euph

Should amke for a very exciting yorkshire first section contest next year.

As it shall also be in the North if the tables on the website are correct... 14 bands!

bassinthebathroom

Andy_Euph said:
Should amke for a very exciting yorkshire first section contest next year.

As it shall also be in the North if the tables on the website are correct... 14 bands!

Cue upholding of appeals... :lol:

Dave Euph

I must say I wasn't expecting the Yorshire Championship Section to get smaller! Might provide a little relief though - 15 bands this year was a lot! :shock:

Congrats to all promoted bands and bad luck to the relegated ones, I'm sure you'll bounce straight back up! ;)

Nuke

Yea but youll want some sparkly glock again next year to be able to do that. Along with great percussion and some that could be too loud. I think i covered all your percussion section comments from the area and pogson bray there Mr Hallas

Rambo Chick

drunkandy said:
WOO HOO!!!!! Back to our rightful position!! (cue much usage of the bandroom toilets next March!!)

ah ha!! i found you at last!! im scared-i never been in champ section before!!! (hehe only kidding!! bring it on!!) 8)

hornulared

Rambo Chick said:
drunkandy said:
WOO HOO!!!!! Back to our rightful position!! (cue much usage of the bandroom toilets next March!!)

ah ha!! i found you at last!! im scared-i never been in champ section before!!! (hehe only kidding!! bring it on!!) 8)

you'll be alright, i havent played in the championship section either, then again i hadn't played in the first section till i joined the band!!! you go girl!! you go girl!!!

Back to our rightful position indeed - time for much celebrating me thinks!!!

drunkandy

If I remember rightly, Hade Edge missed out by half a point, like us, but now I am confused about it. Clear up for me Owen?