York Railway Institute Band - Vacancies

Yorkie

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

York RI Band (2nd Section) require either a Bb or Eb bass player and some experienced cornet players to help support our growing numbers of youth players. We rehearse every Tuesday and Thursday in central York from 8.00pm - 10.00pm. University students are very welcome to join.

We are a happy and settled band with a good schedule of concerts. We are aiming to compete in the St Helen's and Malton concerts later this year and are planning another Band tour to Northern Europe in May 2009.

Give me a call for a chat if you need more information on 07921 568826 or email me on martyn.williams@unn.ac.uk

Regards

Martyn Williams
Treasurer

Last edited by a moderator:

Yorkie

Great news potential new Eb bass player coming to York St John in Septmber and joining band...hopefully. Any more York or St John University students welcome to join. Get in contact

Martyn Williams

07921 568826

Yorkie

York Golden Rail

We are a band of mixed ages and abilities. We have lots of engagements throughout the year. We play at a variety of events from Summer Fetes to Carol Concerts.
We do not compete. Most of all we aim to enjoy ourselves whilst playing to the best of our abilities.

Rehearsals are at York Railway Institute, Queen Street, York on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 6.30-8.00pm.

Fees and expenses negotiable.

For further information please contact.

Barbara Capaldi

Phone: 07816 321007
email: barbaracapaldi@aol.com

Yorkie

York Railway Institute Golden Rail Band - Seeks Conductor

We are a band of mixed ages and abilities. We have lots of engagements throughout the year. We play at a variety of events from Summer Fetes to Carol Concerts.
We do not compete. Most of all we aim to enjoy ourselves whilst playing to the best of our abilities.

Rehearsals are at York Railway Institute, Queen Street, York on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 6.30-8.00pm.

Fees and expenses negotiable.

For further information please contact.

Barbara Capaldi

Phone: 07816 321007
email: barbaracapaldi@aol.com

skweeky

Is this a different band? one post says you are 2nd section contesting, the other says you are non-competing...

Yorkie

York Railway Institute Golden Rail Band - Seeks Conductor

Hi,

Well we have had no expressions of interest so far. The Golden Rail Band are a friendly lot and would really like someone to take them on from the New Year onwards. This is a great opportunity for either an experienced conductor or possibly someone with a background in brass playing who aspires to develop their conducting skills.

Please get in touch via Barbara Capaldi. Contact details above.

Regards

Martyn

Last edited:

Yorkie

YORK R I Band - Requires Bb Bass Player

If you fancy joining a friendly, busy and ambitious band with a strong emphasis on developing young players alongside supportive more experienced players York R I is the band for you!

We rehearse every Monday and Thursday nights from 8.00pm - 10.00pm at York Railway Institute near to York Station.

We have a lot planned including an upcoming tour to Northumberland, special music commissions, prestigious concerts and further sharpening our performances at contests. We recently won the inaugural Otley Mayor's Challenge Entertainment Contest.

Give me a call.

Regards

Martyn Williams

07921 569926

Yorkie

York Railway Institute Band - Musical Director

York Railway Institute Band will compete in the 3rd Section of the Northern Area from the 1st January 2010. We have an excellent reputation for concert work and are the reigning Otley Mayor’s Challenge Champions. We have also recently won 2nd prize in the Malton Entertainment Contest (Section A). We have a virtually full band from developing youngsters to more seasoned players.

The band is ambitious to improve its standard of playing and performance to achieve contesting success and heighten the quality of concert work.

The key abilities, qualities and experience we want in our Musical Director are –

 Highly competent brass player who can use their skills and brass band experience to improve our playing standards

 Ability to conduct players of mixed ability and experience to achieve progression – a good band trainer and coach

 Professional standards and personality traits that can inspire confidence and effort by the band

 Commitment to the development of young players as part of the essential future of the band

 Ambitious to achieve contesting success

 Musically creative in developing entertaining concert programmes

 Organised in planning rehearsal time to achieve maximum improvement in performance standards

 Having the YRI Band as his/her No.1 banding priority

The band practises on Monday and Thursday nights from 8.00pm – 10.00pm at its bandroom off Queen Street in York adjacent to the York Railway Institute.
There is a varied programme of engagements throughout the year and more information can be found on our website www.yrib.org.uk. The band will pay reasonable expenses for the right candidate.

If you are interested in auditioning for the post of Musical Director please contact –

Martyn Williams

Tel: 07921 568826

Email: martyn.williams@northumbria.ac.uk

or private message me

Yorkie

York Railway Institute Musical Director - Position Filled

York Railway Institute Band are pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Gordon Eddison as our new Musical Director. We all look forward with enthusiasm to playing under Gordon who will start full time with the band from January 2010.

Regards

Martyn Williams
Treasurer

Last edited:

Straightmute

Best of luck to Gordon and the band - I'm sure that you'll enjoy many successes together. (And I've really enjoyed helping out in the interim - the result at Malton will be hard to forget!!!)

David

Yorkie

York R I Band - NATIONAL FINALISTS - BBb Bass Required

York R I Band are on a roll! We have qualified for the 3rd Section National Finals and have just secured 2nd prize at the Tameside Open.

Under our highly enthusiastic and hugely experienced Musical Director Gordon Eddison the band is driving forward with confidence. As well as playing at Harrogate in September we will be competing at the Brighouse March Contest in July and the Wilkinson Contest later in the year as well as featuring at the inaugural Brassed On! York Festival in May.

We are an incredibly friendly band and would welcome an experienced BBb bass player to complete our winning team. For more information about the band see www.yrib.org.uk

Drop me a pm or you can email me on martyn.williams@northumbria.ac.uk or call me on 07921 568826 if you want to be part of our success.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Martyn

Edit: threads merged asper tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator:

Yorkie

York R I Band - NATIONAL FINALISTS - BBb Bass Required

Want to join a band that is going places and winning prizes, playing challenging music and achieving almost a full turnout at every rehearsal?

York R I Band are on a roll! We have qualified for the 3rd Section National Finals and have recently secured 2nd prize at the Tameside Open. Our sights are set on the Brighouse March contest in July and we aim to bring home more silverware! There will also be the Wilkinson Contest in November to look forward to with Diadem of Gold already shaping up to be a prize winning performance!!

Under our highly enthusiastic and hugely experienced Musical Director Gordon Eddison the band is driving forward with confidence.

We are an incredibly friendly band and would welcome an experienced BBb bass player to complete our winning team. For more information about the band see www.yrib.org.uk

Drop me a pm or you can email me on martyn.williams@northumbria.ac.uk or call me on 07921 568826 if you want to be part of our success.

Regards

Martyn

Yorkie

York RI Band - BBb Required

Following our very credible 9th placing at the Brighouse March & Hymn Contest the band is still looking to appoint another BBb Player to our team. We enjoy well attended and challenging rehearsals under our Musical Director Mr Gordon Eddison. The band is working hard towards its appearance at the National Finals in Harrogate this september and will alos be competing at the St. Helens Contest in November.

Regards

Martyn

Yorkie

YORK R I Band - Vacancies - 2nd Section Ambition

Want to join a band that is going places and winning prizes, playing challenging music and enjoying fun and fulfilling rehearsals?

Following our highly credible 5th placing in the 3rd Section National Finals (the highest placed North of England Band in any section of the National Championships!) the band is now seeking to appoint a FRONT ROW CORNET PLAYER and a BBb BASS PLAYER.

Under our highly enthusiastic and hugely experienced Musical Director Gordon Eddison the band is driving forward with confidence with the aim of winning the Northern Area Contest next March, the National Finals in September and securing promotion to the 2nd Section!

For more information about the band see www.yrib.org.uk

Regards

Martyn

Yorkie

YORK R I Band - Vacancy - Front Row Cornet Player

Good news the BBb bass vacancy has been filled!

We still have opportunities for a Front Row Cornet player.

Under our highly enthusiastic and hugely experienced Musical Director Gordon Eddison the band is driving forward with confidence with the aim of winning the Northern Area Contest next March, the National Finals in September and securing promotion to the 2nd Section!

For more information about the band see www.yrib.org.uk

Regards

Martyn