Yeovil Contest

Horco

Well done to all Bands - A great day was had and finished off with a superb Concert by Enfield.

MoominDave

Haven't seen the comments, so I don't know what was said about the choices and our playing...

I think we can guess what will have been said about the playing - "A sack of cack throughout". Apart from Rob's 'Autumn Leaves', Dick's flugel bit, and Rhydian's trumpet. A bit of a pointless exercise our turning up, really; year after year the sole purpose of our attendance at Yeovil seems to be to put in a poor enough performance that we get a jolt before the area.

GingerMaestro

Can anyone tell me what Polysteel played.

Did they do the conventional like at the sage or back to the harper's bizaar
(more traditional Polysteel programme

Sopmaestro

Can anyone tell me what Polysteel played.

Did they do the conventional like at the sage or back to the harper's bizaar
(more traditional Polysteel programme

Hi Martin

We played:-

Don't stop me now (highlighting vocal quality of the band)
Virtuosity
Water of Tyne
Finale Tchaik 4
Its Raining Men (highlighting the accuracy of the band in throwing things at ween)

Last edited:

MissBraz

Polysteel played...

Don't stop me now! (Queen - arr. Phil Harper)
Virtuosity (Kenny Baker) Soloist - Chris Howley
Water of Tyne Phil Harper
Finale from Tchaikowksy symph 4 - ummm Tchaikowsky!
It's Raining Men! (arr. Phil Harper) (i guess)

(its on page four)

Does anyone know if 4barsrest were present??? And also were there any recordings made by the likes of Doyen or PM Sound???

4barsrest were definalty there, I think a few of them went to Norway for the nationals and the other half to yeovil no doubt there will be a podcast sooner or later though so listen out for that! keep checking their website. Hope someone got some pictures of the day! hmmmmm

Hmmm well Id like to see what they says regarding the results!! I think my band should of been higher but then i am Biased!! rather strange though, how the top four Bands were all in the 2nd half?!?! Im not a fan of the half hour break for adjudicator....

sugarandspice

Hmmm well Id like to see what they says regarding the results!! I think my band should of been higher but then i am Biased!! rather strange though, how the top four Bands were all in the 2nd half?!?! Im not a fan of the half hour break for adjudicator....

Have to say i agree with you paul, (and i'm not quite as baised as you!) Camborne put on a good show and i really thought they were in with a chance. Nice to see Frank's personality reflected in the perfomance.......with just a hint of Briggus-ness.... :)

As for Polysteel- Can i say a huge thankyou to Phil Harper's bottom during Dont stop me now. Made My Day! :)

Bill Willis

If of any interest, Bournemouth's programme at Yeovil was as follows:

Valero - arr Sandy Smith
Through The Eyes Of Love - arr Chris Davis
General Mitchell March - RB HAll arr Chris Davis
Hymn for Diana - Joeseph Turrin
The Flight Of The Wild Geese - Robin Dewhurst

jim

as for Polysteel- Can i say a huge thankyou to Phil Harper's bottom during Dont stop me now. Made My Day! :)

lol!! well you no who to vote for in website of the month then!!

did he snap his baton?

Di

lol!! well you no who to vote for in website of the month then!!

did he snap his baton?

I saw him bend down and pick it up at the end of the performance, but missed what happened to it. :confused:

zak

Well done to Polysteel!!!! Shows they are still clear leaders in entertainment, i'v heard that part of their program was 'dont stop me now' by queen, pretty appropriate :D who can stop them! Fairly solid result for A & N in 6th too, well done to both!!!! :D:D:D:D

Ermmmmm... how on earth can you justify the comment of clear leaders in entertainment?? Butlins? Spennymoor??? I agree they are a decent band but lets get things into perspective or have we forgotton about the true leaders such as my ex band Grimethorpe or others such as Brighouse??? lol :biggrin:

Regards

Product tMP members are discussing