Yeovil 2004

Suz

Happy New Year everyone, hope you all had a good one!! :D

Right, first posting of 2004! :D

Who's going to Yeovil ???? :p

Any idea who the adjudicator is ???? :?:

I assume that this thread refers to a contest in Yeovil? From the title I thought it could be about their football match tomorrow. Yeovil Town 'v' Liverpool in the 3rd round of the FA cup.

Wrong again!

Lauradoll

Wish we were, we had a 36 hour drinking sesh the last time BT did it. But naw, we're no goin :( :(

Anyway doll, Happy New Year Auld Hag!!

:wink:

Hopefully see you (in a contest bar) soon x

iggmeister

Railybobs

To my knowledge the national finals have never been held in Cornwall, (certainly not in my lifetime anyhows), but it would be to everybody's benefit if it was held there on one occassion. Only thing to solve before then is building a suitable venue. Current ones are too small (and too expensive!). I think you were referring to the Riviera Centre in Torquay which is very much in Devon.

Back to topic, I'm going to Yeovil. For those who dont know, it is an entertainment contest with one judge encased in a box. I have heard rumours of who the judge is but am not sure whether it is appropriate to reveal it.

Bands entered are as follows

Aveley & Newham
Bodmin
Bournemouth
BTM
Camborne
City of Bristol
Flowers
Freckleton
Hyde
JAG Mount Charles
Jaguar Coventry
Kidlington
Redbridge
St Austell
SWT Woodfalls

Igg

PeterBale

Staff member
scott clark said:
MoominDave said:
No - just championship; it's an invitation contest.

Dave

does anyone no the draw for Yeovil
In the light of the contest being closed adjudication, please remember the tMP policy is not to discuss the draw or programme items on an open forum. Mod.

iggmeister

Yes, I know the full draw. It is as follows.....

Cue Moderator panic!

Only joking. :lol:

Each individual band should know their draw but that is it. Up to each band if they want to trade with friends in other bands. I know a select few but certainly not that many. Cant say anyhows!

Last year David Read was adjudicating and he raised the issue that he was locked up in a box. This is the only entertainments contest that I go to which has the judge in a box. Whilst I would prefer to see it being open adjudication, (then we could know the draw beforehand like Spennymoor), I am not going to criticise the organisers cos it is one of the best run contests that I go to each year. If only they could organise more staff at the pub afterwards.......

Igg

Suz

Yeovil

I got ID'd in the pub opposite the venue (Coopers Mill?) a few years ago! I was 27 at the time!!! Yippeeee!!

Must keep using Oil of Ulay!!!

Looks a great line up, really looking forward to the contest!

Delboy

Yeovil

Yep Suz,

i'm looking forward to a good day at Yeovil too!! It's always well run as Iggmeister says and it certainly is a sociable day.

That said the £2000 first prize is also a very nice carrot!!

No doubt we'll see you there

Derek
JAG Mount Charles