Yahama Euph versus Besson Euph

Aidan

at Besses for the Scottish Open, then goin to ybs.
hehe dont ask mate ;)
i had a mare. I never get nervous, but I did on sunday!!! I think it was because I hadn't played my piece much (at all!!) so I wasnt confident in myself with it. So I had a little shake once I'd started, and I was so shocked at myself being nervous, I split a few notes and it all went downhill from there :D once your breathing goes your up poo creek anyway!!! :roll: Oh, well.. lesson learnt... I'll practise for the next one :!:

blue euph

I did play on a coutois euph. for a few years in college. It might of been just the euph. I had, but it sure had an annoying buzzing, ringing sound which was auditable in the audience. Each time I brought the horn into the music repairman, he didn't notice the sound told me to the effect, each horn does have a certain buzz to it and probally wouldn't be noticed which with the euph, was bs. The intonation on that horn was a funky esp. playing in Ab and Eb flat (concert pitch) major though I will say the A was well in tune and actually was a bit in the sharp side of things. That horn was heavy and was a hog for air. When I tried and eventually bought the besson euph. , I felt despite a couple of grumbles intonation wise (the famous Eb, E natual, F) that the besson, I felt besson are better euphs and again my euph. was made 1972 so it may have something to do it.

I'm interested in reading other comments about the prestiage vs the maestro, good topic.

lister89

blue euph said:
I did play on a coutois euph. for a few years in college. It might of been just the euph. I had, but it sure had an annoying buzzing, ringing sound which was auditable in the audience. Each time I brought the horn into the music repairman, he didn't notice the sound told me to the effect, each horn does have a certain buzz to it and probally wouldn't be noticed which with the euph, was bs. The intonation on that horn was a funky esp. playing in Ab and Eb flat (concert pitch) major though I will say the A was well in tune and actually was a bit in the sharp side of things. That horn was heavy and was a hog for air. When I tried and eventually bought the besson euph. , I felt despite a couple of grumbles intonation wise (the famous Eb, E natual, F) that the besson, I felt besson are better euphs and again my euph. was made 1972 so it may have something to do it.

I'm interested in reading other comments about the prestiage vs the maestro, good topic.

I know I'm really behin dthe times but found this interesting! This is the exact problems I was having with my courtois. It was vibrating loudly but when I took it in, it wasnt happening when he played it. Turned out it was becasue his stomach was muting it becasue of the way he was holding it. I then got a prestigue, I was very happy witht his until I moved onto a custom... best move I have ever made! I could never go onto anything else, yamaha all the way, no need 4 triggers, its tuning is that good!

LIZZIE xXx

jonford

Only tried a Maestro and a Sovereign but out of the two I prefered the Sov. The valves on the yamaha seemed a lot longer and that put me off.

euphfanhan

For me Besson wins every time. I've tried a couple of Yamaha euphs, but had most experince on a Maestro, but after playing a Besson International, a Sovereign and a Prestige I found that the only Besson euph that came second to Yamaha was the International. For me the tone colour on a Besson is incredible, and the higher register is much easier to reach. The Prestige also looks fantastic too, even though the Yamaha Maestro copied them by using balck valve caps. And then there's the trigger protector...great fun to mess fiddle with!

I can't afford any of these, so I heartily recommend my Imperial euph. Sounds great, plays in tune on all notes, trouble is you have to blow louder than evryone else to keep up!

tried a maestro when helping a band out, and it destroyed my lip. I think it was so easy to play, I stopped trying to blow properly. That's my excuse anyway

Product tMP members are discussing