Wychavon Festival of Brass Results

geordiecolin

OK, I was at the toilet (5 pints is my bladder's limit!!) when the 4th Section Results were announced but I am reliably informed that they went thus;

1st - Trinity Girls
2nd - Enderby Youth
3rd - DRONFIELD (CMW)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I have also picked up snippets of other sections;

3rd Section;

3rd - WEM JUBILEE :D :D :D :D

1st Section;

1st - Bedworth
2nd - Crewe Co-op

Overall, a great day, despite the 5.45am start!! It was great meeting half of tmp in the form of Wem Jubilee :roll: :roll: What a cracking band! I must move south i think!!! Thanks Roger for the pint! Here's one in return - :guiness

Hope you girls enjoyed your vodka substitute - G&T and Bacardi/Coke!! Sorry, but the bar ran out of Vodka :shock: :(

However, I feel I have seen a darker side of Mr Thorne today as he gleefully told me about the trophy he had returned this year, nicely polished but without the Silvo wiped out of the inside, oh how he was gonna laugh at the band which drank out of that trophy!!!

The trophy?? 3rd in 4th Section, the band consuming Whisky out of it at the time??? Dronfield :evil: :evil: :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Yes well you've got it spot on for the 3rd section, just to add a bit more - the winners of the 3rd section were Beaumaris (forgive me if I've spelt that incorrectly) and 2nd went to Malvern Hills. The percussion went to Beaumaris and the soloist went to a tenor horn player from band that played number 10 (can't remember who that was)! It was a great day out and I'm really proud of the result Wem achieved. Out of all tmp people there I only actually met the author of this post.

Roger Thorne

geordiecolin said:
However, I feel I have seen a darker side of Mr Thorne today as he gleefully told me about the trophy he had returned this year, nicely polished but without the Silvo wiped out of the inside, oh how he was gonna laugh at the band which drank out of that trophy!!!

The trophy?? 3rd in 4th Section, the band consuming Whisky out of it at the time??? Dronfield :evil: :evil: :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:
What can I say - caught red-handed! :oops:

Great to meet you today Colin and all the other tMPer's and congratulations to all the prize winners. Can I also thank all the tMPer's who took the time to listen and support Wem. It certainly made a difference playing to a full house as opposed to three men and a dog!
Thank you.

See you all again at Pontin's.

:wink:

Big Twigge

Cheers for the gin Mr 'Bob' Geordiecolin, the gin was much appreciated! The bar found some more vodka later, so the evil gin didn't have to be consumed!

Well done on your result too....third's the result to get this year~ this seasons first!

super_sop

Supporting Member
Thanx for the coke colin, my turn next time.

also nice to see loads of other tmpers(although t shirts a poloshirts seemed to be in short supply). i Was also recognised by my shoes!!!!!.

hello again to everyone at DRONFIELD (CMW) and everyone else that took part.

and an extra special well doneto everyone at wem!!

And a very extra special mention here for cornetblower. sorry i put me foot in me mouth!!!! it was really good to see you again :)

aons'ghost

Another Brilliant performance no doubt

Well done to all at Wem, I am sorry I have not been around for some time but pressures of work and other commitments mean that time is not so easily shared around. However the good/bad news is that I will shortly be seeking to reapply for my old place, cleaning the bandroom out. Another superb result for the Treacle Miners. You see you don't always need to be able to blow the b******s off them, my talents are surely not needed now. See you all soon when the Christmas music starts to flow.HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Ho ho ho ho :idea: :oops: :oops:

Roger Thorne

Re: Another Brilliant performance no doubt

aons'ghost said:
my talents are surely not needed now.
PK - how ya didlin'

Better dust the cobwebs off your cornet matey! The Area Test Pieces have been announced. - You'll be getting a call very soon!

:wink:

Bassbones

Anyone know what happened to Wire Brass(my old band)Think they would be in the second section :?:

Daz Samuel,Bass trombone Yorkshire Co-op Band.

Pythagoras

Loved Mr Thorne's arrangement of Doh a Deer. Wem were the only band for which I took time out of my busy beer drinking schedule!

Was unfortunately the buyer of the 5 shots of whisky in the trophy that turned out to be mostly silver polish. Minging is not the word!

timbloke

Roger Thorne said:
geordiecolin said:
What can I say - caught red-handed! :oops:

Can I also thank all the tMPer's who took the time to listen and support Wem. It certainly made a difference playing to a full house as opposed to three men and a dog!
Thank you.

My throat still hurts somewhat.... silver polish maybe???

As with Daniel i only popped into see Wem, enjoyable performance, pity about the rustling of the adjudicators biscuits throughout.. a little disgraceful i think?

Well done to all a Dronfield, had a really good day, last couple of years, its a pity to be moving on just as the band starts winning. But that's the way it is I suppose, see you at pontins.

2nd section results:

1 Wire Brass
2 Shirley
3 Stourport

PS Well done Wem - excellent result!
PPS Don't worry about it Craig. Good to see ya.

tewkeshorn

Account Suspended
Well done to Stourport on 3rd place in 2nd section. I only got to hear Stourport and Desford today which is a shame, and I didn't meet any tmp-ers either :cry: (I do believe I'm still owed a pint for the Dundee predictions!!)

geordiecolin

timbloke said:
As with Daniel i only popped into see Wem, enjoyable performance, pity about the rustling of the adjudicators biscuits throughout.. a little disgraceful i think?

I agreee it was damn rude!! It was during the slow/quiet piece as well!!

My throat still hurts somewhat.... silver polish maybe???

can somone please help me, i cant get the taste of silver polish from my mouth (yes i'm yet another victim ). I feel your pain Tim - have you had the dizzyness yet though?

Well done everyone at Dronfield (yeah baby!!!)

geordiecolin

I dunno about my throat hurting, but i've got an unsightly bruise on the end of my nose thanks to "i'm not a manc"!! I have vague recollection of having a drunken fight involving us pinching each other's nose...... hard!!!

OWWW!

Heather

Unfortunately, we were the band who played to 2 cleaners and their dog!
The lack of atmosphere and applause was overpowering!!!!!!!! :cry:

Pythagoras

geordiecolin said:
timbloke said:

I agreee it was damn rude!! It was during the slow/quiet piece as well!!

It was suprising just how noisy he managed to make it. You wouldn't think it was possible from 1 wrapper!

Throat seems to have recovered from silver polish poisoning, but real test will be choir tonight!

westburykid

Heather said:
The lack of atmosphere and applause was overpowering!!!!!!!! :cry:

Thats right Heather, I thought we had gone onto the wrong stage till I saw Jim Scott and the Mayors Wife at the back on their own.
I though we had won the contest when we got a standing ovation from the whole audience (both of them!) :?

Mind you Jim Scott must be applauded for that chair he was sitting in, I thought the trophies were going to appear from out of the arm of it, like Jim'll fix it.

By the way I am not saying Jim did fix it........ :)

Well done Annette on winning the solo prize though, they should have converted the best shedbuilders prize to best horn section too.

Ooohhh, final rant, can the organisers find a worse venue for next year? Most bands managed to get their basses and purcussion equipment down the narrow corridors without taking lumps out of the poor people who were waiting to go on stage........

I know we were "dahn safff" but £2.50 a pint was a bit excessive too, especially to sit in a poxy tent. I know we were in the country but theres no need to fleece us (sheep joke!)

tewkeshorn

Account Suspended
westburykid said:
I know we were "dahn safff" but £2.50 a pint was a bit excessive too, especially to sit in a poxy tent. I know we were in the country but theres no need to fleece us (sheep joke!)

Not only that there was no catering for us Westcountry folk = ie no Cider!! I was forced to drink lager (couldnt not have anything now...) :roll: