Wychavon 2004

tubafran

geordiecolin said:
DOH!

And I'm going to Pop Tarts on Saturday night.......
Ok matey, bring the tarts and we'll make room in the car. Not sure what time Dronfield are leaving but it might be after me as they are not due to play until the pm. Not seen Daniel and his phones broke, could ask Em tonight though.

keith hemming

Sorry to tell you but Stourport will not be there, i will be there but only as a steward after all it's only 5 mins down the road, and it's a good day out, good luck to Arrow Valley hope they do well, and also for the best local band prize, if we can't do it hope they can.

Pontins next stop band, beer, band, hic hope its a good one :-?

Keith Hemming
Stourport Band
contest sec

Last edited:

keith hemming

whose taking sweets then, they won't here the rustling cos there hearing aids wont be switched on ( will they Andy )

Last edited:

Heather

Thought I'd posted this earlier but can't find it!!!
Just to let you know the list of bands on the Wychavon site is NOT in playing order. (wonder how I know that?!?!?!)
Please come and give United Co op Crewe a big cheer! Thanks!

Any predictions on the runners and riders in the 1st section.

Interesting line up

Must be that time of year, students huh! fancy wanting to go back to uni when the contest season starts. Suppose its back to the oldies unyil half term any way

Last edited:

Pythagoras

tubafran said:
Daniel the list of bands on the Wychavon website is not in alphabetical order and Peter posted that the contest was pre-drawn. Is this the playing order then? Does that mean you start playing at 10.00?

If i'm driving down the Dronfield supporters car, going to need to be up at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Playing at 1:00.

Suz

Sunday

nickjbeaumarisband said:
Blimey I forgot about the beer tent and burger stand...Mmmmmm yum
Is it the same place as last year , I've heard that it's a different venue this year...Am looking forward to the competition...wahooooo

Evesham High School this year, think that is the hall with the small stage and the glass windows floor to ceiling all around???

Last time we played there all the glass windows shook, goodness knows what will happen this year when our percussion section gets going with their new toy, a 6ft by 3ft thunder sheet!

Best of luck to all bands competing, see you in the lovely beer tent afterwards, fingers crossed it won't rain!

Suz

keith hemming

Playing order wychavon.

champ. co-op crewe, city of bristol, wingates, btm, tongwynlais. beaumaris, kidlington,
1st. enderbury, abergavenny, jackfield, gresley. towcester, shirley, langley, ammanford, bedworth, lydbrook.
2nd. arrow valley, stourport ( withdrawn) markam, porthwayaen, hathern.
3rd. malvern, wotton under edge, wem, trinity girls, phoenix, shipston, avonbank, beaumaris b,
4th. pontypool, pillowell, amington, enderbury, dronfield, the par band, cubbington, alcester silver, bretforton silver.

Hope this helps
keith hemming
stourport :)

Roger Thorne

Reading this thread there seems to be a big number of tMP'ers heading off to Wychavon tomorrow, so are we all going to make a big effort and be brave enough to introduce each other?

I'll be there all day, not only conducting but representing the tMP team, so if you do see me, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself and make yourself known. This is a great opportunity to voice your opinions on the new forum and suggest any new ideas you think the tMP team can utilise in the future.

If you're there early and would like to see the 'old badger' in action (plus the 2003 Award winners for the biggest number of tMP members in one band!) Wem are scheduled to play at 11.15 a.m. :rolleyes:

Wychavon is a great contest, and I always look forward to it, but this year there'll be the added bonus of meeting and making loads of 'new' friends.

See you all tomorrow.

;)

Last edited:

super_sop

Supporting Member
say hello!!!!

Just in thought id pop in here and say if you see i astrange geezer walking around wearing a "loud" shirt itll probably be me!

stop me and say hello, im not as scarey as i look.

Honest!

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
super_sop said:
Just in thought id pop in here and say if you see i astrange geezer walking around wearing a "loud" shirt itll probably be me!

stop me and say hello, im not as scarey as i look.

Honest!
Hmmm... that's just your opinion Craig... :biggrin:

Just make sure folks that you have sunglasses... cos if he's wearing one of his classic shirts - you sure will need 'em...;)

Raspberry

TheMusicMan said:
Hmmm... that's just your opinion Craig... :biggrin:

Just make sure folks that you have sunglasses... cos if he's wearing one of his classic shirts - you sure will need 'em...;)

Sunglasses definately needed even it isn't sunny as these shirts tend to dazzle!

ian perks

Thank you for putting on the order of play on for all the sections.
I know what we are playing
so does adjudicator.

Gresley Band.:-D

Heather

Its open adjudication anyway so I wouldn't worry too much about that!!!

Good Luck to everyone playing tomorrow. We're not playing ill 5.30pm so won't be able to support many of you but hope it goes well....a TMP'ers clean sweep would be wonderful!!!!

ian perks

Heather :I know it is open adjudication i have played there a few times.
The last time i played there i came in a BEAT to soon very loud but it was a good'n (ff )
"O ---- IT" I SAID TO MYSELF.
But we still came in the prizes 3rd.
Adjudicator was KEN DENNISION but he put nothing in the remarks about it.:-D
Looking to do well again on SUNDAY in 1st Section.