Wychavon 2004

Roger Thorne

nickjbeaumarisband said:
Are we allowed to say? I know it is a pre draw and open adjudication????
dont know really , what is the score mod team?
Usually we would advise against it, but as the Wychavon contest has published the pre-draw order and the adjudicator for each section I can't see any problems if anyone want's to post their OWN bands draw position - although it is worth checking with your bands committe for their approval first!) We would however, be concerned if the full draw was published without the prior consent of the named bands.

;)

Pythagoras

Dronfield are going in the 4th section. Hope to repeat or better last years result (3rd). Is a very good contest. Not looking forward to the mega journey though.

tewkeshorn

Account Suspended
I'll be there in the evening and up for some post-contest drinks if I can tag along Gary :)

Not playing myself, got a band workshop with Steve Sykes that day!

Good luck to all playing (especially Langley and Stourport!).

No after contest drinks for me - booo!

Got a 6.25am flight from gatwick following morning :cool: , so driving down after the contest. Although, I suppose a few cokes won't hurt... :D

Hoping to get there in time to hear Wam! band, not sure though - have rehearsal in the morning (which is a pain, cos means I have to drive up M5, then back down PAST my house to get to contest :-( ). Ah well, the things we do for banding.....

Smiffy

tewkeshorn said:
I'll be there in the evening and up for some post-contest drinks if I can tag along Gary :)

Not playing myself, got a band workshop with Steve Sykes that day!

Good luck to all playing (especially Langley and Stourport!).

thanks for the mention Tewkeshorn!

We're still a bit down after the Nationals propping up the 2nd section...and with Hathern playing we can't be favourites.

But we always support Wychavon as its local and the potential prize money is good (actually won 2nd section in 2002).

i was gutted for langley propping up the 1st section in harrogate ... I'm sure they wanted to do well for Steve Freckleton's sake.

But contesting is like that...you win some/lose some...and there isn't necessarily a correlation on how you play...depends on the man in the chair!

Well done Hathern at harrogate!...at least we won't be fighting you at Burton next March!

good luck to all

Smiffy said:
thanks for the mention Tewkeshorn!

i was gutted for langley propping up the 1st section in harrogate ... I'm sure they wanted to do well for Steve Freckleton's sake.

But contesting is like that...you win some/lose some...and there isn't necessarily a correlation on how you play...depends on the man in the chair!

good luck to all

Thanks mate - however, we didnt play that well &IMHO adjudicators comments were pretty fair - whether it deserved last or not ir debatable - hey ho!

But, the reception that Steve's widow got from the hall more than made up for the performance & we celebrated anyways in the pub and hotel bar until breakfast! :p

tubafran

Pythagoras said:
Dronfield are going in the 4th section. Hope to repeat or better last years result (3rd). Is a very good contest. Not looking forward to the mega journey though.
Hi Daniel I'll be bringing the "we've all played at Dronfield" supporters down, Geordie Colin, John and Andy. Will Sparkly be there too?

Good luck on the day and try not to stress too much about the paperwork - don't forget "it's music that matters"

geordiecolin

Indeed, I might be espied in and around the bar area. Probably. Wouldn't dream of missing the watery over priced beer this year ;)

nickjones

Blimey I forgot about the beer tent and burger stand...Mmmmmm yum
Is it the same place as last year , I've heard that it's a different venue this year...Am looking forward to the competition...wahooooo

yr_epa

I think its in a different place from last year. I remember the compere last year told the audience that it was in a different place. Everytime i've been to Wychavon its been an odd year (01 & 03), so it was always at the High School in Pershore. It could be in a different venue since this is a even year. We'll see.

I'm also looking forward to the day, should be a very good day!

Pythagoras

I wonder if we'll get the adjudicator unwrapping sweets extremely noisily while a band is playing this year?

tubafran

Pythagoras said:
Daniel the list of bands on the Wychavon website is not in alphabetical order and Peter posted that the contest was pre-drawn. Is this the playing order then? Does that mean you start playing at 10.00?

If i'm driving down the Dronfield supporters car, going to need to be up at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Last edited:

Nigel Hall

Supporting Member
I know this is a hard ask.... but can you all stay out of the bar long enough to give the traders a visit.. we get lonely you see!!! plus we can't spend all day in the beer tent!

Product tMP members are discussing