Worst thing you ever did at school/uni?

NeilW

Once again to extend it to "my peer group"...

We had a Cadet Corps at school, complete with an armory. Said building was VERY solidly built with a flat concrete roof. The building was at the bottom of the school field, cut into the hill so there was a steep bank only a few feet away from and a couple of feet below the line of the flat roof.

Anyway, some of the boys decided to "park" the school minibus on the roof of said armory, driving it up sleepers from the bank. Its took the school about 3 days to get it back down again - they used a crane!

Of course at the time, we couldn't remember hearing anything about who could have perpetrated the crime...

Neil.

twigglet

I (accidentally) reversed my car into a rugby tackle bag on the school playing fields right at the end of lunch time in the summer so the whole school happened to witness my embarrassment..... needless to say i needed a new back windscreen and went a lovely shade of scarlet! *note to self, rear view mirrors serve a valuable purpose*

After GCSE's, me and my friend took photos of our bottoms and made about 100 copies and plastered them all over a glass walkway with the slogan 'is this too cheeky for our last day?'...... no one ever worked out whose bottoms they were (and we are also worried about who took them down and what they did with them...)

SammyT

louise0502 said:
2nd man down said:
lighting gas taps in physics

Our teacher does that!

Yeah I do that when it is to cold in the labs (yep I am the teacher!!!). The worst (and funniest) thing I did was a few weeks ago (yep still being teacher). I ran a trip for the year 7's to Notts County Council Outdoor educational centre thing in Derbyshire. When we got into the Dales I told the kids to look at there watch and turn them on an hour (I did the same) as we were now in Derbyshire so we had to make sure we were on Derbyshire time!!!!!! They believed me (well why would't they (cue: evil laugh) so much so that when one of the kids had to be picked up early by his grandma (this is 2 days in!!!) he said "Miss, is my grandma picking me up at 7pm derbyshire time or nottinghamshire time?". It was as much as I could to stop meself laughing!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Trigger

There was this one guy at school who was forever p*ssing me off and one day he came up to me and poured his orange juice all over me. That was it, I really copped! I filled up as many bottles as I could find with water and I went looking for him. The stupid idiot was always really scared of the teachers, so he ran into the music room thinking that I wouldn't dare get him wet in a classroom.... Little did he know!! I absolutely drowned him and the whole classroom. Then he started getting me soaking wet too!! Then along came the head master (who was really scary) and he was shouting about who was responsible. I sat there ringing my hair and clothes out and didn't say a word! He dragged me and this guy out into the corridor and I was trying desperately hard not to laugh! Mr *edit* was shouting so much at me and then he asked me if I thought it was funny-to which I burst out laughing and said well what do you think.. course I do! Got a senior masters detention for that and was banned from lessons for the rest of the day. :lol:

please don't mention names, thanks, sq

Owen

The worst thing I did at University was a degree in pure chemistry *shudders at the memory*. The best thing I did was join the now sadly defunct Askern Colliery Band. They were a fantastic group of people.

lynchie

ah school... the happiest days of my life...

1. Made a great start. First year residential to somewhere in Derbyshire, we were staying in this scabby little hostel, that happened to have skylights, and some very tempting bits of flat roof... We were soon climbing out onto it, then I realised we could climb in and and out of the toilet, so went in, locked the door and climbed out the skylight... on my way back to my window, saw some woman walking down the street, so thought (being young and foolish) "I reckon she'd love to seem my bum!" so proceded to drop my trousers and give her a full moon... unfortunately turned out she owned the hostel, and wasn't too impressed... then while I was getting a good shouting at, I heard a banging from upstairs, and one of the other kids came down saying "Someone's locked themselves in the toilet and wont come out!" which made me laugh and got me in sooooo much trouble!

2. Same year, realised the metal pegs in the changing rooms weren't exactly strong, so one night after school, me and a mate went round snapping off every one... and where could we dispose of them? Where else but down the toilet! Took them a few months to find out who had done it, but we got in a good bit of trouble for that one as well!

3. Stayed out of trouble for a while after those two, to avoid being asked to leave the school, then in about year 10/11 my mate broke his leg. While he was walking around on crutches one of the french teachers came around the corner and nearly knocked him over. He wasn't a teacher I really got on with anyway, but he said "Watch it, or you'll break the other!" to which I replied "You're pretty funny for a for a gimp..." which got me in more trouble...

Other than that, skipping classes, fighting on lab benches, putting washing powder in fountains, inventing a new version of "Hang Tough" from Gladiators with overhead beams, telling visitors tales of woe, and generally trying not to work were pretty common....

Can't wait to go back to full time education in October!!! :D :roll:

Well Worth It

In the fourth year I got selected to sprint for the county at an important competition after school.
Forgot all about it though and was stood in the bus queue with my friend (who was also competing) ready to go home, when the PE teacher came to find me, saying that the team bus was about to leave and to get changed immediately.
Realising that we didn't have much time we decided to get changed just behind the bus (there were girls on-board), so we could ensure that it didn't leave without us.
Half naked, our names were screamed across the yard.
It turns out that there was a PTA meeting and a couple of the board of goveners had seen our striptease and been less than impressed.

In the second year a geezer accidentally pushed a girl out of a first floor window. Which was funny.

The best prank ever was in the fifth year, however.
One of the lads' dad was a builder and he'd managed to obtain the early equivalent of "No More Nails".
There was a teacher of English who couldn't have been more autocratic if he'd had a pencil moustache and invaded Poland.
This guy really thought he had his lessons under control, so it was even funnier that we "No More Nail[ed]", everything ON his desk, TO his desk.
We then proceeded to fix his table, projector, PC and chair to the ceiling. Pure Genius. Pure Detention too.

Valvecap

erm... our maths class 'accidently' locked the teacher in the store room... very funny - hammering on the door to let her out - i let her out in the end and made a run for it - tripped up and fell down the stairs. Not suprisingly, got caught. Suppose there is some justice in the world... turns out shes a bass player!!!

Trigger

Had this one teacher who was a real cow- she was always chasing me for detentions that I would never do, so one day she came up to me and said that I was in so much trouble and if I didn't do one of my detentions after school then I would have to come in during half term (the following week) on a teacher training day and do it then. She said it was my choice and if I didn't want to come in then, then I would be in during the holidays. So I said- "ok, I'll be in next week!" Her mouth dropped and she looked really p*ssed off! I'd stumped her because she didn't think I would ever say that and she obviously really didn't want to look after me all day and keep an eye on me (we all know they just wanna have fun on these "teacher training days" really). So, I came in and she tried to pay me back by giving me really horrible jobs like stack loads of stapling for lesson the next week and organising files. So I mixed them all up stapled them back to front and filed them. The week after, she came up to me all red in the face and started yelling at me about it. All I said was "Oh I'm ever so sorry, I thought I did it right- did I mess them up?" :roll: She never bothered me again after that!! :lol:

2nd man down

Staff member
Trigger said:
Had this one teacher who was a real cow- she was always chasing me for detentions that I would never do, so one day she came up to me and said that I was in so much trouble and if I didn't do one of my detentions after school then I would have to come in during half term (the following week) on a teacher training day and do it then. She said it was my choice and if I didn't want to come in then, then I would be in during the holidays. So I said- "ok, I'll be in next week!" Her mouth dropped and she looked really p*ssed off! I'd stumped her because she didn't think I would ever say that and she obviously really didn't want to look after me all day and keep an eye on me (we all know they just wanna have fun on these "teacher training days" really). So, I came in and she tried to pay me back by giving me really horrible jobs like stack loads of stapling for lesson the next week and organising files. So I mixed them all up stapled them back to front and filed them. The week after, she came up to me all red in the face and started yelling at me about it. All I said was "Oh I'm ever so sorry, I thought I did it right- did I mess them up?" :roll: She never bothered me again after that!! :lol:

Trigger, you had serious school issues. You're that kid (and everybody had at least one in their class) that was ALWAYS getting trown out or sent to the head. Did you get on with any teachers at school??

Trigger

2nd man down said:
Trigger, you had serious school issues. You're that kid (and everybody had at least one in their class) that was ALWAYS getting trown out or sent to the head. Did you get on with any teachers at school??

Yes there were about three throughout my entire schooling life that treated me with some respect and didn't treat me as if I was thick (which by the way I'm far from thick-I'd like to show them my grades from uni and college-that would shut em up!! :lol: ). I was really good in the 1st and 2nd year of secondary school, but they just treated me like cr*p for no reason- so I paid them back (never did anything serious or illegal though)!! :lol: :lol:

Ste69

God I'm so glad I teach primary school kids...You lot sound like a nightmare.

I was good at school - Not so much at uni but I'd better be careful what I put in case "Straightmute" sees...

I do remember me and 3 other lads managing to plan and write an entire group assignment in the Royal Oak in Ripon. Not only did we pass but we also got a commendation on the detail in our minutes of meetings which included things like "Meeting halted for 5 minutes for a p*ss and beer". God knows how he missed that one. :twisted:

Don't worry David, it wasn't a music assignment :wink:

Oh yes, and I once dressed up as my music lecturer for the day. She had the picture of me on her desk for a long time after.

I had to be on my best behavious at school as my dad was the head of music at the same school.

He used to find out about every little thing that I did, sometimes even before I did it. It was a nightmare.

drummergurl

some kids in my school, tippexed all over one teachers car, put stones down her exhaust, carved into her car words like alchi, druggy (sorry if they get bleeped) tippexed the windscreen with similar words. they did it during one lunch break so were easily known for who done it, now apparently they have to pay for the damages.

lynchie

drummergurl said:
some kids in my school, tippexed all over one teachers car, put stones down her exhaust, carved into her car words like alchi, druggy (sorry if they get bleeped) tippexed the windscreen with similar words. they did it during one lunch break so were easily known for who done it, now apparently they have to pay for the damages.

so juvenile... no thought went into that... and to think, with a simple potato they could have done so much more...

anyway, I think I should know what a lamington is but have had it stripped frommy mind...

sparkling_quavers

drummergurl said:

At least I should hope - criminal damage is not a joke!

Product tMP members are discussing