Wierd Superstitions

Andy_Euph

Just wondering if you have any major superstitions, eg walking under ladders, breaking windows...here is a couple of mine:

1) Ever since going out with this one lass who kept pulling me off of the three drains in a row as its unlucky, as a result everytime I see them I avoid them... :shock:

2) I will not walk under ladders or scaffolding, dunno why just have always avoided them.... wierd!!!!!

missflugel

Magpies.

1 for sorrow
2 for joy

sadly during my exams a magpie made a nest outside my room and had no luck with lady friends, damn it!!!

Jo x

Andy_Euph

Sellers_Bird said:
Andy Euph
1) Ever since going out with this one lass who kept pulling me off
eugh....surprised u didnt see that nadia :oops: [/code]

What can I say, the lass in question will always hold a place in my heart...amongst other things :twisted:

Toni2

My mum is tiny (well not tiny 4'11", but smaller than me) and made me laugh once when she said she never walks under black cats!! :shock:
My mum's ace!
:lol:

Andy_Euph

Toni2 said:
My mum is tiny (well not tiny 4'11", but smaller than me) and made me laugh once when she said she never walks under black cats!! :shock:
My mum's ace!

:D All mum's are ace Toni as they have so many skills...washing,cooking,cleaning etc :twisted:

Maestro

I've only got 2 superstitions, and they are: NEVER NEVER allow an umbrella to be put up indoors, and I never take 3rd light for a fag.

Nat

Andy_Euph said:
Toni2 said:
My mum's ace!

:D All mum's are ace Toni as they have so many skills...washing,cooking,cleaning etc :twisted:
i'll tell her you said that :roll:

Dunno why but my sister has a superstition tonever trust a guy who's eyebrows meet in the middle or who's hair is longer than hers. :shock:

And before you ask no she hasn't been diagnosed with any mental problems :!:

Okiedokie of Oz

My parents hit me with this one years ago. I've never heard mentioned outside the family, but everyone IN the family believes it.

After dinner, if you leave your knife and fork crossed, you'll cause the next argument

bagpuss

Okiedokie of Oz said:
My parents hit me with this one years ago. I've never heard mentioned outside the family, but everyone IN the family believes it.

After dinner, if you leave your knife and fork crossed, you'll cause the next argument

Slightly different take on that one. I was always led to believe that it wasn't knife and fork it was just knives (crossed knives, cross words is how the saying goes) and not just after dinner either, anywhere!!!

Puss

six pints

bagpuss said:
Okiedokie of Oz said:

Slightly different take on that one. I was always led to believe that it wasn't knife and fork it was just knives (crossed knives, cross words is how the saying goes) and not just after dinner either, anywhere!!!

Puss

we had it in middle school but it was that they would have an accident.

my mam has a couple, like saying pig on a friday, and shoes on tables.

akwarose

dont really have any. i dont like umbrellas being put up indoors, but thats only because they get in the way.
if theres a ladder in my way on the path i'll walk under it coz i'm too lazy to walk round it. :roll:
the only thing that worries me about one magpie or 2 or wotever is whether they r gunna poo on ur head.
and i continually walk over 3 drains in a row on the way to school (much to the disgust of my best friend)

trombelle

gotta wear my ring on my left hand, middle finger every single day. only comes off for showers and bed time :)

oh and its got little musical notes all around it and two certain ones have to be facing upwards or it just feels funny :?