Who's the best 2nd Baritone on the scene?

meeglioni

For me it's Gaz Daniel at Black Dyke Band. Not only for his playing ability, but he is pretty good looking too!

What do you think?

leisa

meeglioni said:
For me it's Gaz Daniel at Black Dyke Band. Not only for his playing ability, but he is pretty good looking too!

What do you think?

his bro used to go out with my music teacher....just thought id share that!

did cieran young play 2nd with dyke cant remember whether it were 2nd or 1st he were pretty good anyway!! :bounce

Danny

No No NO!!!!

Im afraid that you have it all wrong meeglioni!

Not so much the playing abitlty but as for the looks!!! - Melted welly comes to mind! - He enjoys an ale though!

For me, it has to be Howard Bowes of Harlesden and the ISB and I'm not just saying that because I'm in the ISB!
Howard has sat adjacent to me for 6 or 7 years and I've hardly heard a mistake from him all this time!
I recall, in particular, his triple tonguing in Kevin Norburys's Partita and his tremolando in Eric Ball's Song of Courage.

Super player, top bloke too!

horn1

Re: No No NO!!!!

Danny said:
Im afraid that you have it all wrong meeglioni!

Not so much the playing abitlty but as for the looks!!! - Melted welly comes to mind! - He enjoys an ale though!

Don't be so mean Danny!!!! He's a good lad and likes a drink though!!!

Jonny Whitmore

i agree!

I agree with carl! Great player! Great Bloke! The trills in Song of Courage stand out for me! He just plays...nothing flash....its just always in there, always solid! (and he is just as good looking as Gaz Daniel!)

carlwoodman said:
For me, it has to be Howard Bowes of Harlesden and the ISB and I'm not just saying that because I'm in the ISB!
Howard has sat adjacent to me for 6 or 7 years and I've hardly heard a mistake from him all this time!
I recall, in particular, his triple tonguing in Kevin Norburys's Partita and his tremolando in Eric Ball's Song of Courage.

Super player, top bloke too!

satchmo shaz

:wink: forget all these big boys!! :wink: for me it's 80 year old (I know how to party!) Fred from Long Eaton and Emma (aged 10 I also know how to party!!) also from Long Eaton!!
Phew its hard to keep up with these guys!! :wink: :bounce :guiness

Okiedokie of Oz

I used to play in a band where the conductor's "little" (ie younger than him, but this guy was still 40-odd) brother was the 2nd baritone. This could give what he got, and he got every single 2nd baritone joke under the sun, and then some. But he always had something to back with, including for his brother!!

Dave Euph

I think it's me at Hudders Uni Brass Band ... :p

Nah, to be honest I haven't got a clue, the 2nd baritone part is never obvious enough to be recognised (although it should be).

There are loads of class 2nd bari players. Ciaran is a mint player. Mike Walsh at YBS is class. Sheridan is a legend, as is Cliff Hopes.

And I have to say my boyfriend Lee who plays for Imps, he's a really good player and I'm not just saying that!

There's too many to mention but they never get the praise they deserve!!

Jayne

midwalesman

Bari's!

The legend that is Sheridan is the all conquering 2nd Bari. Experience and wealth of musical knowledge carries the way!

YEY!!! 2 whole votes!!

It's a lovely compliment Mark, but it doesn't say much for my playing!! Lee's a pretty boy though, aww. x

Jayne

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.