Who's off to the Albert Hall in October

Who's off to The Royal Albert hall in Oct?

I've invited Dorothy Dixon ( see Briggus forum) to come with me this year. ...all the flowers of the mountain.. I told her I'm sure it's a cheerful little potpourri/ medley of tunes she would instantly recognise - Tulips from Amsterdam, Eidelweiss, lavender blue and a nice rousing finale in the form of a fugue on 'Flower of Scotland ' as she doesn't live too far from the border. I'm sure she'll approve, especially as she's known for her fondness of all things 'floral'. :wink: :twisted:

PeterBale

Staff member
BBCbariUSA said:
I plan to be at Albert Hall as well as the Regent Hall festival.
Hope to see you there, particularly at Regent Hall, where there won't be quite so many people around :wink:

With Cory doing the evening concert, the Friday looks to be one of the best yet :!:

I'm looking at coming over but every time I log onto the Albert Hall site to get tickets, no matter what area I choose, it always says seats are not available :? - surely it can't be sold out :?:

Regent Hall does look appealing too :D :D

Maestro

Hopefully this year I'll be there. Just got to see if the 'better half' will treat me to tickets as an anniversary present! :roll:

PeterBale

Staff member
Australian Euphonium said:
I'm looking at coming over but every time I log onto the Albert Hall site to get tickets, no matter what area I choose, it always says seats are not available :? - surely it can't be sold out :?:

One thing with the RAH is that it is so large that it very rarely full, particularly if you are prepared to sit up in the gods - the bands look minute, but the sound is still pretty good :wink:

nickjones

Yes I will be there...watching the London Male Voice Choir.
should be a great day..lol :shock: or I might go and see Sarah Mcglaugclan too....there is some competition on but might not go to that...lol

PeterBale said:
Australian Euphonium said:

One thing with the RAH is that it is so large that it very rarely full, particularly if you are prepared to sit up in the gods - the bands look minute, but the sound is still pretty good :wink:
Yah even the upper circle is apparantly tottaly unavailable! - where else could i buy tickets online??

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Does anybody know what is going to happen at Regent Hall regarding the test piece?

I believe two years ago, Philip Wilby did a discussion about Masquerade and its symbolism and then played parts of an old Fairey recording.

Last year, I think it was Geoffrey Brand who (In Mr. Ball's absence) spoke about Enigma variations and played a recording.

This year is a new test piece if I'm not mistaken. Will they still have the composer talk? It makes Saturday so much more enjoyable when you understand more about the composers intentions on the piece.

Sonor

I should be there all being well. Depends whether or not I can get away from my football and also what the piece is like