Who's going to whitehaven contest?

neiltwist

who's going to whitehaven

I think easington colliery are.

I'll also try to post the results on here too.

Fishsta

Yup, looks like we're going there.

Any tMP members want to say hi, let's arrange a location to meet up for a pint and a chat!

Think it's time we started a gallery of all the times tMP members get together at contests... what do you think? :)

geordiecolin

Oh yeah theres a bar!!

Whitehaven used to be the contesting highlight of the year. get a bus from tyneside, over A69 to Whitehaven. Play, and in one case WIN!!!!, go to bar drink lots. Get on bus. Accidently discover large amounts of alcohol. get battered on the way home, stopping at various pubs on the way.

The last time i went, someone spiked our BBb players drink with beta blockers. i'm not kidding you. (or so he claimed the hospital had told him. I'm a bit skeptical myslef like) He was unconcious when we loaded him onto the bus (we just thought he was wrecked) and then had an angina attack just west of hexham. Its not nice dealing with a suspected heart attack on a coach full of drunken bandsmen and when you're not fully sober and the best qualified first aider in the band is the person who is apparently dying.

Luckily he was ok though

Oh yeah and our other EEb got pulled for drink driving and got banned for a year!!

Consequensley, Ovington Band are blacklisted by several bus companies and barred by several pubs between Newcastle and Carlisle. Especially the one where the Euph player ripped a cubicle door off the toilet.....

Oh happy days!!

ps. it was a few years ago now, but watch your pints!!

HBB

Fishsta said:
Think it's time we started a gallery of all the times tMP members get together at contests... what do you think? :)

I think we should ....... I think that:

tMP law 1 : If at a contest, bring your camera at all time!

........ anymore laws?? ?:D

Heather

That is a very good idea!!!!
I might know where to get them at a very reasonable price. It would just mean me making a phonecall to ask!

satchmo shaz

Heather said:
That is a very good idea!!!!
I might know where to get them at a very reasonable price. It would just mean me making a phonecall to ask!
come on john, roger or sparkly can we have somme badges!

splitnote

Johnstone are going, we have been the past three years and have had very drunken long return journeys :guiness back up home

Wonky_Baton

pity we cant get those pin or lapel badges! with tMP on it

Pin badges are difficult to see half cut. Why dont the girls get dressed up in grass skirts and coconut shells/sandcasle buckets depending on size. Everyone would spot tMP girls then. I am open to suggestions what the boys can dress in!! 8)

michellegarbutt

Supporting Member
Bearing in mind I'm a size 24 Do you really want to see me in a grass skirt and coconuts? If this is the girls outfits I think the lads should all wear gold lame g strings. If nothing else at least we can have a good laugh at them

neiltwist

well, just getting up for the contest, so i'll see you all there hopefully: Easington Colliery, although why anyone will check this before they set off I don't know! damn, I am aren't I.

to everyone who's going, good luck!

bigcol

Wonky_Baton said:
Why dont the girls get dressed up in grass skirts

That was quite mild for you wonky!! I would have thought something a bit sexier would have done for you! Want to borrow my Ann Summers catalogue?