Who's going to music college this time?

tis the season for music college auditions and i was wondering if anybody has had any response from the places they've tried for.......

Seedhouse

I know Leisa's tried for a few music colleges. Gd luck to her and any other people who have tried for music college. :wink: I've got another year until i'll be auditioning. :? :roll:

James McFadyen

I'm currently putting my portfolio together to study for an MMus in Composition at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama and also Goldsmiths!

iancwilx

My advice to Leisa is to apply to Leeds College of Music which is really expanding in co-operation with the BBC -new 2 year old building, with brand new Concert Hall and extensive recording studio facilities just completed.
My daughter is in her 2nd year (Studio Management) and really rates it.
Of course once in Leeds there are at least 10 good (and I mean good !!)bands within easy reach.

leisa

iancwilx said:
My advice to Leisa is to apply to Leeds College of Music which is really expanding in co-operation with the BBC -new 2 year old building, with brand new Concert Hall and extensive recording studio facilities just completed.
My daughter is in her 2nd year (Studio Management) and really rates it.
Of course once in Leeds there are at least 10 good (and I mean good !!)bands within easy reach.

thanx!! i thought id just apply to 2 though just for practise in auditions really i had my royal northern one 2 wks ago - which went well but im not really expectin to get in. i had my welsh college one on wednesday which didnt go too well really as after i told them main interest was brass bands they decided to ask me about orchestra symphonies :? the playin didnt go too well either but oh weell never mind its all practise!!
im probably gonna end up at huddersfield, leeds or salford

iancwilx

Leisa - You won't go wrong with any of those - I know a couple of guys at Huddersfield who are doing Brass, and really rate the courses (If you can stand Mr. McHappy !!!)

Naomi McFadyen

Sellers_Bird said:
been earning money you see...

Yea? and it wont take long to spend it ;-)

Good luck to all those appying to music courses this year though!

PS: My advice is Salford for the band course! :p

;-)

Good luck to anyone doing this - it wasn't one of the most pleasant experiences I ever had. I went to RCM, RAM and GSMD. I was late into the written paper at the college, hungover at the academy and got tutted at by the panel at the guildhole. They all offered me places though :D :D :D so it turned out nice in the end.

I hope that those applying get the places they want - it's a great experience.

i can see why Guildhall can be referred to as 'th Guildhole', but the upside is its free to study there, you just have to scrape the barrel for living costs

Seedhouse

Congrats! Well done! :wink:
I hope I get in when I audition, another year to go yet until I can though as i'm still doing blooming AS levels, grrr! Too much work!

Well done Ben.
Guildhall's good if you're very into what you're doing. Nic H is there now, im sure he knows a fair bit about it!

leisa said:
Seedhouse said:
Who is Mr McHappy?

i thinks thats Mr MCcann?!! Hudds sounds really really good and of course plenty of brass bands!!

I'm at Hudds in my 2nd year and its great. Mr McHappy (McCann) is fine as long as you get on the right side of him i.e turn up for band practise every week and don't play a wrong note.