Who'll buy me a pint at Stevenage

supersplit

Accidental said:
Friary.
First time in the top section for a long time, so should be "interesting"!!

Good luck Accidental. I know what you mean about Tristan! See you in the Bar! :guiness Off to rehearsal now! Guest conductor, should be interesting to say the least! :twisted:

the fish

I'll be there on Saturday, won't be anywhere near the Leisue Centre bar though, the beer there is terrible.....

Trigger

Accidental said:
Dan said:
Alex - best of luck to you and Nigel in your new section, hope you do well. Its a shame that this year they decided to move the 1st section to Saturday, nevermind. Will be looking forward to hearing all the Sunday results, probably off here.
Thank you! Good luck to you guys too - you really belong in the top section imo. Hopefully you'll get a decent result and bounce back up pretty quickly!

Good luck Alex and Nigel. I won't be there, because we will be practising for our area the following weekend. I hope someone will buy me a pint at my area!!!! I can't wait it should be a right laugh. But good luck, you will be fine! Have a pint for me, not you Nigel, I've seen you after a few. I suggest you leave the drinking to the girls. :lol:

Sadly can't make Stevenage, too busy getting ready for the following weekend...

Trigger - I'll happily buy you a pint in Torquay, if only I could work out what that vile looking green stuff is you appear to be drinking in your avatar! What day are you playing?

Trigger

And I would gladly except :D Thanks That would be Bacardi Breezer, I think it must be the lime flavour one. I am playing um...um... I think it's the saturday, it's first section anyway, but we will be there all weekend. Cheers, what day are you playing? Look forward to seeing you there. :D

ibrox

I'll be there - playing again after a couple of years' sabbatical. Tristan's just what you need to ease yourself back in!

Supersplit - is that Graham?? Having fun with that sop part? :lol:

David Cooper
Sop KM Medway

Accidental

Supporting Member
Like the new mugshot HBB - is that to make sure we recognise you in the beer dispensery?!!!

Thanks to everyone for the good lucks - we may not have any superstar bands in our area, but at least its nice and friendly!

Tash, I'll keep Nige well away from the booze - he has to drive because there's no way I'm not drinking after Tristan.... I reckon I'll need a few whiskies if I splat my solo, and a pint of the stuff if I don't!! :shock:

Trigger

You'll be fine mate. And just as well Nigel is driving :lol: I've got my fingers crossed for you-not that I need too x :D :tup

HBB

Accidental said:
Like the new mugshot HBB - is that to make sure we recognise you in the beer dispensery?!!!

Why Thank You Alex. It's so you can see me and buy me lots of booze ;).

Hopefully I'll still be drunk from the Saturday.. so therefore you won't be out of pocket :p (that works for if we come 1st to celebrate or last to drown our sorrows! :D)

ben

PeterBale

Staff member
I'll be there on the Saturday, sporting my brand new 4barsrest t-shirt, and trying to send through the correct results at the end of the day :wink:

Looking forward to Coventry Variations, and to seeing how my mate Graham gets on with Becontree.

Shall be glad to meet any tMPers who are there, but if you want a drink I'm afraid it will have to be a soft one :!:

Dan said:
We are playing in the Concert hall this year instead of the Gordan Craig Theatre. I have heard that this is actually the gym where you would normally warm up if you were playing in the Theatre.

Is this true???

Does anyone know what the Concert Hall is like as I have heard it is very echoey

It is very echoey! We are trying to book a large school gym for one of our rehearsals this week.

As for pints in the bar - depends on the draw - let's hope we're early and not 10o'clock like we were in Torquay!

WhatSharp?

PeterBale said:
I'll be there on the Saturday, sporting my brand new 4barsrest t-shirt, and trying to send through the correct results at the end of the day :wink:

Looking forward to Coventry Variations, and to seeing how my mate Graham gets on with Becontree.

Shall be glad to meet any tMPers who are there, but if you want a drink I'm afraid it will have to be a soft one :!:

Will you be there for the 2nd section in the morning?

If so, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you, a chance to meet one of the tMP Legends! :D

Dan

Mike Saville said:
It is very echoey! We are trying to book a large school gym for one of our rehearsals this week.

As for pints in the bar - depends on the draw - let's hope we're early and not 10o'clock like we were in Torquay!

oh great! looking forward to that then. What a load of rubbish having to play in a gym! :x

I drove all the way down from London to Torquay to see you guys play in the first section finals and then missed your performance as I had to drive back at a fairly decent hour!! Typical!

At least we should all be able to have a few Stevenage pints. Is this the last year of Stevenage? Have heard a rumour that we are going back to Watford - yipee - hope so as that was a far better Regionals venue than Stevenage or Basildon :shock:

WhatSharp?

Back to Watford!

That'd be great!.. here's hoping! (mind you I hope they've improved the bar since the last time I went there!).

johnflugel

I will be there, supporting my brother who is conducting in the Top section on Sunday aft/eve.

John

P.S I might just take you up on that soft drink offer Peter!

cornetchap

WhatSharp? said:
Back to Watford!

That'd be great!.. here's hoping! (mind you I hope they've improved the bar since the last time I went there!).

Watford? Cool! If it's in the Coloseum then the beer's shocking (as it always is at these kind of venues). But at least I'll be able to walk to the venue :D

cornetchap

Forgot to add that I'll be there on Sunday in Stevenage. We're in the first draw of the 4th section but I'll be there all day to collect our remarks and our trophy :wink:

NeilW

I'll also be there on Sunday...

Rehearsing in my office's stores on Thursday - don't know how much its going to echo, but its probably quite similar to a gym...

Might meet some of your for a drink - but only AFTER I've played: I need all of my faculties for Tristan :)

Neil.

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.