Who owns their own instrument?

Dolly

I've had various cornets some i owned some from band, ive had a good old Besson International, some Besson beginnery type thing a Soverign and a Courtois but i now have my baby- a Prestige :lol:

I too own a Prestige Cornet....since Feb this year.

The previous post called it a "baby".......must admit that I feel the same way about mine......especially true when you "tuck" it up in that beautiful case, with the velvet cover!!

Vickitorious

I had my brand new sov. tenor horn for my 11th birthday so ive nearly had it 3 years now! It's been fine until recently the valves went really bad :( but thanx to the man at Normans it's working perfectly and sounds great! :D

Dolly

CaharleyFarley said:
I too own a Prestige Cornet....since Feb this year.

The previous post called it a "baby".......must admit that I feel the same way about mine......especially true when you "tuck" it up in that beautiful case, with the velvet cover!!

I know- how cute is it? No-one else seems to understand why I love it so much!

leisa

cant remember if ive already posted on here!!! Ive got my own prestige and of course its a "baby", what did u think the cover was for?? it is to tuck it up of course!!!!

bennem

Well I have:-

smith watkins Bb with E2 lead pipe
sovereign Eb (an older model with the strange tuning slide in the crook)
pocket cornet (bought too cheap so has some dodgy tuning)
student model Yamaha trumpet
two mandolins
ukulele
and octave mandola

My wife has a Bb clarinet but doesn't play it that often 8)

At the moment apart from my besson sovereign cornet I have a clarinet, bass guitar, lead guitar, piano and if my daughter has her way, drums, but I think this might be one arguement that she will not win. :twisted:

lynchie

well if we're listing everything...

I've got a gorgeous blue yamaha RBX 775 5 string bass guitar, that's my baby!

...sod this blowing lark...

Railybobs

i own my own Drum Kit and other paraphanalia that accompanies it. but the band is seeing less and less of it now Panto season is upon us.

Di

I've got my own sov baritone. I bought it brand new about 15 years ago at half price. :D This was could the shop had ordered a "job lot" of brass instruments and everything else had sold except the baris and he wanted to shift them. Lucky me. :p You can image my horror when about a year later I inadvertantly picked it up by the main slide instead of the body of the instrument. :oops: :cry: Sounds careless I know, but I was about 7 months preggers at the time and could hardly see past my belly. The bell got so crumpled, I couldn't even fit it in the case properly. Thank goodness for instrument insurance and chaps like Joe who straighted out what he could, fixed on a new bell and had it replated, it came back looking like new. :D It took a couple of months and was ready to collect the day after my little bundle arrived. Needless to say, good ole hubby (after a sleepless night with us in the hospital) trotted over to Burton to pick it up and brought it with him on his next visit to show me what a good job they had made of it. There were a few dubious faces in the maternity ward that afternoon!! :?

iancwilx

I bought a very old B&H Imperial EEb Bass (British Throughout it says on the bell !!) 4 Valve EEb Bass circa 1940, to use for home practice.
It really is ancient, but is a beautiful instrument, in great condition, and a pleasure to play, and has no "Wussi" plastic valve guides.
It was built in the old "High Pitch" but has had a conversion to international pitch.
Having used it for quite some time for home practice (years), IMHO you really have to practice at home on the instrument you actually play in the band to fully benefit from your efforts - you learn its quirks and tuning eccentricities.
Basically it's like a relationship - it's a more rewarding partnership the more time you spend together !!
Rest assured - having divorced my ancient friend, I still regard it with great affection and maintain it to the highest standard !!