Who is your favourite Euphonium Player(s)?

Jasper

I got a few old CD's out over Xmas and listened to Legacy - by Sun Life Stanshawe.....Lyndon Baglin - absolutely sublime !!!:clap:

Mike

Forest Gump

As for Lyndon a true legend and a gentleman still a true proffesional.[/quote]

Mr Baglin is the best i've seen, good to hear he's back conducting Cinderford band at the regionals.
Morgan's is my favorite at the moment.

Geoff Whitham definitely - what a man and he can still play well!

I also rate Morgan Griffiths - on his day he's fantastic.

John Storey - ex Yorkshire Coops and now with Coldstream Guards - is also excellent but not very well known and consequently underestimated.

Rach x

Aah memories... Geoff used to come into my pub for meals and me and him would talk banding for hours (right up till his wife used to emerge from the dining area with a "geoffrey, we are waiting for you!!"

Morgan, fantastic euph man, and no mean md either...

John Storey - well, I could tell you no amount of stories about John - one of the best, spesh when we played with Hebden Bridge Juniors (ask him about Denmark!)

Can I throw another name in here .... Rob Cavender, currently at Skelmanthorpe - awesome range, great sound and an all-round good guy (got me home from many a contest).

Andy

nickjones

I think you misunderstand b.n , Lyndon does play Eb ( he did for B&R and for a band in the forest of dean area ( not D.B.'s piece the forest of dean) ;)

Ian Gill

Got to be IAN GILL!!! Plays for YBS concert but should be playing champo sect (and so should they:D ). The nicest guy you'll ever meet and the greatest Eupho that i've ever met, he's definately up there with the rest.

If not Ian then Steve Graham, plays for that great band erm...Crofton Silver! Beautiful tone, superb range, technically he's outstanding and he can sup for Yorkshire!!:guiness hehe:biggrin:

UP THE CROFTON!!

sopboy

Glyn Williams and Morgan Griffiths, the most musical and down to earth euph players in the business today! they also play from the heart. No bull s**t from theese two big guns, they play whats on the sheet with no wild rip gliss's or screaming and shouting down the instrument.

Also a great fan of John Clough when he was at Dyke

JeremyB

Sorry to bring back a little older thread.
One of my more recent influences have been David Childs and his rendition of Flight of the Bumblebee and Brilliante (and all the other recordings I can only find on Youtube) It is difficult to get CDs over here: but I am looking. My favorite from him so far is of course the Hot Canary:::Amazing full-toned range.

Although there was one mention of Dr. Brian Bowman earlier, I want to express my lifelong admiration of him. He has a wonderful, warm tone and is such an awesome performer. His playing has inspired me to be the player that I am today. Bowman is an amazing soloist and I have had the chance to meet him several times as well and he is a nice guy.

I take it Dr. Bowman is either not preferred or not very well known in Europe? No one else has mentioned him here yet.:-?

Highams

I got to hear several US Euphers recently 'live' and it was amazing.

At the risk of leaving a name out, Brian Bowman, Roger Behrend, Dave Werden, Brian Meixner, Mark Dickman, Jason Ham, & Mark Jenkins.

Recordings don't always do justice to their amazing sound and character, particularly in the hilarious comments between pieces by Roger Behrend.

CB

trm

Some late contenders, all scandinavian born but still fantastic euph players ;). In no particular order:
Henrik Dalhaug
Sverre S Olsrud
Tormod Flaten
Patrik Randefalk