who is your favourite band?

Who is the best band around?


  • Total voters
    69

sparkling_quavers

Active Member
i really like Cory. They are sounding so good recently.
I was also very impressed with Flowers when I heard them at Wychavon entertainments contest. I am surprised they aren't ranked higher than they are!

Who do you think is the best band around?
 

Fishsta

Active Member
Well... there is an "other" option...

:lol:

Not too sure bands would like to be grouped under "other", though.... Never mind!
 

Curious

Member
Favourite Band

Well Cory get my vote on your list. I also can't understand why Dyke isn't there! However for sheer musical genius and and an experience never to miss , Foden's playing anything with Tovey in front of them!!
 

billbrass

New Member
re best bands what a ridiculus list none of the top bands ie dyke, fodens
etc some people are not in the real banding world
 

sparkling_quavers

Active Member
billbrass said:
re best bands what a ridiculus list none of the top bands ie dyke, fodens
etc some people are not in the real banding world
Well thank you for your compliment Bill! Yeah I have to admit I did miss out dyke and fodens but I think you might have to correct your last statement
billbrass said:
none of the top bands
...are you saying cory is not a top band?

p.s good start.....insults........ the best way to make yourself popular !
 

amgray

Member
There is no band on the list that has had the succes for such a sustained period as Dyke have. Don't take my word for it, check the records for the Open and Nationals, and of course double figures for the European.
And Fodens in it's various guises had a very successful couple of decades recently.
Not wanting to be insulting to Tredegar, they are simply not in the same league as the others in the list.
Even Cory have had a number of pretty lean years......
 

Curious

Member
amgray said:
There is no band on the list that has had the succes for such a sustained period as Dyke have. Don't take my word for it, check the records for the Open and Nationals, and of course double figures for the European.
And Fodens in it's various guises had a very successful couple of decades recently.
Not wanting to be insulting to Tredegar, they are simply not in the same league as the others in the list.
Even Cory have had a number of pretty lean years......
Spot on mate. Can't agree more in terms of 'historical consistency'. But let's be fair about Tredegar. Of course they are in the same league as the others ,just a few places below over the course of a season, on their day they are caperble of winning anything.
 

billbrass

New Member
:cry: sorry if I upset anyone about my remark about people not being in the real banding world I was just upset that my favs the DYKE were not in the list, bandsmen/women are the tops

billbrass retired horn player due to ill health
 

yorkie19

Active Member
For my money, the best band around is Imps!

Seriously though folks, the best two bands at the moment, for my money, are Dyke and Fodens.

Sam
 

Aidan

Active Member
my opinion would be fairies and fodens, in the order with ybs not far behind.

I dont see Besses in the list either :wink:

Aidan
 
:roll: After last night's performance in St. David's Hall Cardiff, Dyke must be the band of all time...they were magnificent in all sections Bravo Dyke and Bravo Zulu Nick Childs
 

kenji

New Member
Well, Iron Maiden could give everybody a run for their money..

"I SEE THE GHOST OF NAVIGATORS, BUT THEY ARE LOST"

So.......ha!
 
kenji said:
Well, Iron Maiden could give everybody a run for their money..

"I SEE THE GHOST OF NAVIGATORS, BUT THEY ARE LOST"

So.......ha!
and here i thought I was the only Scot, which band do you play for? :lol:
 

Roger Thorne

Active Member
I attended the Grimethorpe concert at Symphony Hall, Birmingham yesterday and I must admit the band where absolutely stunning.

I also attended a Black Dyke concert in Llangollen the week before and they too were excellent.

But I would certainly put money on Grimethorpe winning through to the Finals, and on the form I heard yesterday will probably win the Finals too.

It was worth the £10 entrance fee just to hear Richard Marshall and Nigel Fielding.

Thanks to the guys at 'Grimey' for a great afternoon's entertainment.

:wink:
 
Top