Who is going to Butlins? (2010)

Martin

Due to the fact that the competition is closed adjudication, it is down to the goodwill of band members taking part to advise on open forums whether their band is attending. If it is was open adjudication there would be no prblems in publishing the entrants, once finalised.

Is it a pre-draw? If not, then surely which bands are attending is irrelevant as long as the adjudicator(s) don't know which order they are playing in.

euphalogy

really

Due to the fact that the competition is closed adjudication, it is down to the goodwill of band members taking part to advise on open forums whether their band is attending. If it is was open adjudication there would be no prblems in publishing the entrants, once finalised.

I look forward to the same at all other events then!! Open / Closed i dont see the difference in publishing the entrants.

euphalogy

4thh Section

Ireland Colliery
Dronfield
Whitwell
Bestwood
Melton
Kingsway Printers Cleethorpes
Thrucroft
Tewkesbury Town

These are in the 4th Section but there are another 4 bands I think in the section so who are they anyone know??

Banovalum Horncastle are there too

Elliebone

Dronfield Band's Open Rehearsal is still on for tonight at Coal Aston Village Hall 8pm. All welcome. Admission £1. Bacon butties and tea/coffee available.

It might only be Fourth Section, but it's fun.... :-D

PeterBale

Staff member
Got it (thanks very much LBB) - ah! May be I shouldn't have bothered - where on earth am I gonna find three percussionists?!?!?!?! Grrrrrrr:mad:

I know the rules usually say that the conductor can't play a brass instrument, but does that cover percussion as well ? ;)

Eb master

Is it a pre-draw? If not, then surely which bands are attending is irrelevant as long as the adjudicator(s) don't know which order they are playing in.

Absolutely but i just wonder where the adjudicators are when the draw is takin place? I love the fact its like an FA cup draw and its done on the tv but who looks after the adjudicators when this is on? :confused:

flash harry

Absolutely but i just wonder where the adjudicators are when the draw is takin place? I love the fact its like an FA cup draw and its done on the tv but who looks after the adjudicators when this is on? :confused:

It is my understanding that on the Saturday morning, a breakfast is arranged for all of the adjudicators and that this takes place somewhere where there are no TVs so they have no knowledge of the draw.

Valvecap

The withdrawl in the 2nd section before xmas was us (Frickley South Elmsall) - my mum passed away just before christmas - as those of you who have been through it will know, band all of a sudden comes a huge distance down the list of priorities. It was a very hard decision to make as both myself and the band have always loved the Butlins contest (in fact a good half of the band are going - some even playing with top section outfits as "borrows") but having consulted with the band we took the decision to withdraw. I had intended on showing my face for a pint or two, but following the death of my father-in-law-to-be last week, im going to be giving this one a miss. (yeh i kno - you couldnt write it could you).

This leaves a couple of things to clear up...

I have a rehearsal room booked on the friday night (22nd) 8.45 - 10pm. The organisers will not allow me to cancel it, nor give me a refund to the band (we paid up front) - if this would be of use to anyone, let me know and im sure we can sort something out - its on the butlins site.

I have a full set of unused parts to the test piece - the supplier will not allow me to return them or give a refund.... if anyones fancying keeping a set for posterity.... ;)

I apologise to thirteenball (andi) as ive been promising to pay back all the beers I owe him - will have to wait til Bradford mate.

Finally, best of luck to all the bands that are going - wish I was going to be there, but sometimes there are bigger things in life than banding.

Martin

With this being my first time at butlins, I wasn't aware that the draw is done in this manner. MMmmmm, interesting. Maybe the adjudicators have a nice morning walk along the beach.:)

sbandsman

With this being my first time at butlins, I wasn't aware that the draw is done in this manner. MMmmmm, interesting. Maybe the adjudicators have a nice morning walk along the beach.:)

Just enough to give them a cold and block their ears up?;)

Product tMP members are discussing