Who is going to Bugle this year?

Liz Courts

The weather seems to be going my way this year! Sunny weather for all of St Agnes' engagements so far, sunny for Whit Friday, sunny for Bugle (we hope)...much better than last year, where it rained for EVERYTHING I did (except for Bugle, which was lovely and sunny last year too!).

:biggrin:

Kayleigh

Alot of people who play get there for like 8:00am/9:00am, not the same for everyone though...March down is at 10:00am so decide from there. The field does seem to get rather busy, especially if its nice weather.

meandmycornet

We're leaving at silly o'clock.... I think the bus stops in Bideford first at like 7.30!! how ridiculous!

I will hopefully be there tomorrow! (Still iffy with my leg.... got to go to rehearsal tonight if I want to go tomorrow and its hurting LOTS today!) I expect I'll be there though! so look out for me in my wheelchair! :tongue: and come and have a turn at being a beautiful glamourous wheelchair pusher! :D

Liz Courts

You'll be fine!

I have no idea what time I'm leaving. I'm sure someone will tell me what's going on at band tonight...:confused: :rolleyes:

YAY, Bugle tomorrow!!! :biggrin:

Liz Loftus

SilverBrass said:
I'm going! I'll be driving though unfortunately. Does it get really busy for parking? How early should I get there?

We're going by coach - loads of room if you need a lift - as long as we're passing your way. :tup

South Molton - Barnstaple - Bideford - Torrington then I think Hatherliegh & down the A30. If any good send me a pm & i'll sort where we can pick you up

tam-tam2

If I manage to get up early enough in the morning I shall be there! Looking forward to hearing a few renditions of Year of the Dragon and I Viva Birkenshaw!

Liz Courts

Wow, what a brilliant day!!

Unfortunately I can't give you the full results (I missed everything past the second section!), but I can tell you that St Stythians came 1st in the 2nd section for the test piece (they're first Bugle win since 1952!), and 2nd for the hymn.

Although I was "only" a borrowed player, I really felt a part of the band, and was chuffed to bits with the result! Stythians are one of the friendliest bands I've ever played for, and really deserved a good result. I'm looking forward to playing with them lots over the summer until I go back to uni in September!

Also thanks to John Berryman for really bringing the best out of the band, and creating what many said was the most musical of all the performances!

Well done again guys, and see you at band tomorrow night!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Tris

Thank you!

Thanks Liz for your time and effort into the run up to the contest and on the day itself! I’m sure I speak for the rest of the band when I say you will always be welcome.

Thanks to the rest of the band and its supporters too. Also a special mention to John Berryman who really helped us to do something special on the day, I’m sure the band has learnt a lot from its time with John and enjoyed every minute of it.

Long may the success continue!

Tris

Kayleigh

Championship Section:
Test Piece: Year of the Dragon
1st - Mount Charles
2nd - Bodmin Town
3rd - Camborne Town

Hymn: Love Divine??
1st - Mount Charles
2nd - Bodmin Town
3rd - Camborne Town
Best Player Award,Trombone of Mount Charles (Chris Thomas)

First Section:
Test Piece: Music For The Common Man
1st - St.Dennis
2nd - Wantage Silver A
3rd - Helston Town
4th - St.Keverne

March: Viva Birkinshaw
1st - St.Dennis
2nd - St.Keverne
3rd - Helston Town
4th - Wantage Silver A
Best Player Award, Principal Cornet player of St.Dennis (Kayleigh Rowe)

Second Section:
Test Piece: Diamond Heritage
1st - St.Stythians
2nd - Bugle Silver
3rd - Hayle Town

Hymn: Poldyce
1st - Bugle Silver
2nd - St.Stythians
3rd - St.Pinnock
Best Player Award, Flugel Player of Soundhouse Brass

Third Section:
Test Piece: Northern Landscapes
1st - South Molton Town
Best Player Award, Euphonium player of South Molton Town

Fourth Section:
Test Piece: Partita
1st - Hatherleigh Silver
2nd - Constantine Silver
3rd - Redruth Town
Best Player Award, Solo Cornet player of Hatherleigh Silver

Youth Section:
Test Piece: Kaleidoscope
1st - Mount Charles
2nd - St.Dennis
Best Player Award, Flugel player of Mount Charles (Yasmin Stevens)
Best Cornet Player, Solo Cornet of St.Dennis (Kayleigh Rowe)

SPECIAL AWARDS:

Best Soprano - Les Kneebone, Bodmin
Best Solo Cornet - Kayleigh Rowe, St.Dennis
Best Euphonium - Neil Pascoe, Mount Charles
Best Solo Horn - Graham Barker, Mount Charles
Best set of Basses - Mount Charles

Deportment Class:
1st - Bugle
2nd - St.Dennis

Hope thats of some use!! What a great day!! Alot of sunburnt Heads and faces though i wouldve thought!!

Last edited:

annmck

We certainly had wonderful weather if not a little too hot for me. My face is very burnt today. Well done to all the prize winners but especially to you Kayleigh. By the way the hymn in the 2nd section was Poldyce. Also like to say well done to Yasmin Stevens for best player in the youth section.

jim

Went down this year and endid up playing may have to go just for the sun next year! well done to all the winners aspecially st dennis, and there priciple cornet player as well how many awards did she win!!??

meandmycornet

WE WON! :D:D:D:D and yes ok we were the only ones in the section ...... but we had to get over a certain amount of points to actually 'win' .... obviously Pendennis and St Breward chickened out! We've been telling everyone that we 'were in a class of our own' :D

Was a fab day..... and apparently a person took a picture of me in my wheelchair on the march down and its going to be in the paper :| HOW EMBARRASSING!!!

tam-tam2

Don't worry, your dad's super pushing/marching skills and his very tidy uniform will take up most of the picture and words I'm sure;) :rolleyes: . How did you get on the stage.....I missed that bit?

Product tMP members are discussing