Who has snow?

Lauradoll

Please someone make it snow in Mancs so I don't have to go to work on Monday. Loadsa big thick flakes that don't melt. Ever.

Euph-Bari

Lauradoll said:
Please someone make it snow in Mancs so I don't have to go to work on Monday. Loadsa big thick flakes that don't melt. Ever.

I'll give it a go, but no promises - sorry! :wink:

PeterBale

Staff member
Lauradoll said:
A year or so back, I recall that central London virtually came to a standstill when we had a couple of inches of snow. This astounded one of the staff who came from canada, where they are used to coping with several feet and life still goes on regardless.

Maybe we're too ready to look for any excuse for a day off!

As for me, if I don't get into work then I don't get paid :cry: :cry: :cry:

stephen2001

There were a few thick blobs of snow falling in Loughborough yesterday lunchtime, but not enough to cover the ground.

Jo Elson

I haven't had snow although when I went up to Pennerley, they've got it so I haven't been deprived completely. Last year we didn't get snow until february time though cos I remember the mass snowball fights-they were ace-it was hard to tell if there was more snow inside or out!

blue euph

At last, it figured out how to snow here. :) It snowed 10 inches last week which kept me busy shovelling the snow off the driveway. The only problem now is my town does a crappy job plowing the snow off the streets :evil:

Rambo Chick

I want snow!! No fair!! :bounce

(although my last encounter with the stuff saw me plastered up for 4 weeks with a broken wrist!! just in time for my birthday, and i was in plaster for the areas!!)

carolyn
flugel
united co-op yorkshire

Rambo Chick said:
I want snow!! No fair!! :bounce

(although my last encounter with the stuff saw me plastered up for 4 weeks with a broken wrist!! just in time for my birthday, and i was in plaster for the areas!!)

carolyn
flugel
united co-op yorkshire

I remember it well!! :shock: :shock:

Accidental

Supporting Member
Well if the weather forecasters have got it right (for a change?!) the whole UK will have snow in a few days time, with temperatures down to -14 apparently. Given that its turning tropical down here, complete with daily monsoons, I'll believe it when I see it!

Maestro

Keep the snow away. Lat time I saw snow I spent the night on the M11, and my heater had broken down as well. :evil: :evil:

Dan

Okiedokie of Oz said:
currently 11:40 PM here, and a lovely 29 degrees outside.

hmm don't rub it in!! I know where i'd rather be now and its not here!!!

Don't you live somewhere near that strange town Rockhampton?? :lol:

John Brooks

We've had lots of snow over the past week or two in Southern Ontario. It was snowing again yesterday and was also very windy; not a good combination. Today more snow is forecast and the temperature is way below zero celsius. Really looking forward to going on a Caribbean cruise the first week of March :lol:

Rambo Chick

Accidental said:
Well if the weather forecasters have got it right (for a change?!) the whole UK will have snow in a few days time, with temperatures down to -14 apparently.

eek is that true??? if it snows on the 30th jan-im staying in!!!

Carolyn,
doofus extraordinaire, broke wrist 30th jan 2003, playing in snow...

Moy

We had severe weather warnings go round all my Aberdeenshire schools for next week.
Just think how terrible that would be.................so much snow that I can't get to school and even if I do no pupils, 'cause the coaches are not running :wink:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THERE BE SNOW NEXT WEEK