Who has snow?

dyl

EIBB_Ray said:
Suggest a springtime swap, Jan/Feb in Iowa can be -15 to -25 degress (sometimes for the highs).
Somehow, the idea doesn't seem quite so appealing now! :roll:

EIBB_Ray

It's not always that cold, just fair warning that it's possible. One good side effect is that it tends to make staying inside and practising more enticing!

PeterBale

Staff member
Very light flurry of snow on the way home from work last night - a few traces still on the ground this morning, but not enough to let me stay at home :(

Okiedokie of Oz

No snow today...but we had hail the size of Gold Balls!! (St Andrews Club Regulation Size, to be clear) No damage done to my beloved Kasey, but she got scared coming back home from the bank this evening and saw the water in the creeks.

BTW, Kasey is my car........almost as special to me as my tuba :)

PeterBale

Staff member
Okiedokie of Oz said:
BTW, Kasey is my car........almost as special to me as my tuba :)
If your car is as small as your tuba is in your picture, it must be a very tight squeeze :shock: :wink: :lol:

Okiedokie of Oz

LMAO!! Nah, Peter, that's actually a baritone in the picture. That photo's an extract from my last Nationals pic, where I was filling the 1st Baritone part.

However, it's funny that you should mention small cars, because I did use to drive a small car!! My first car was a 550cc Suzuki Hatch. I called her Suzie. It was a 2 seater, with just enough room in the back for Bessie (my tuba), Sarah (my euphonium), and Barry (My baritone sax). Barry got to ride up front actually, now I think about it. Anyway, this car had a 20L fuel tank, Which filled for about $16 and I used to get 300 odd klicks per tank around town. However, she got driven a little too much, and died about 2 years ago. I then bought Kasey, a 1985 Holden VK commodore station wagon. Good, sturdy car, but my next car will be a 4wd.

blue euph

There's only 2 inches of snow here which occured in October. Its either been too cold here to snow or when its decent out, we can't get much moisture up this way. Usually there's 5 or 6 inches of snow on the ground here this time of year. It better snow big time between now and April or there will be a fair number of forest fires in these parts and have low river / lake levels which is not good for the electric dams in Northern Manitoba :(

groovy

ITS SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Happy! Outdoor band job cancelled. Which is good cos its FREEZING :shock:

imthemaddude

The North East near newcastle and in Durham there was snow tonight looks like I will be driving back to the midlands tomo by sledge :D

Moy

They said we would have snow in Aberdeen and as yet....NO SNOW.
We will be saving it all up for New Years Day. :lol:

Moy

Little bits of snow now but it has gone a lot colder so maybe more to come.
I have a gig at 6.30.

Hope it's not too bad when I go. :roll:

blue euph

Southern Manitoba got 10 inches of snow in the last couple of weeks. The latest storm (yesterday) messed up my plans to goto Minot, ND for a friends wedding :x In both snowstorms, it missed my town altogether. The Arctic chill has arrived and will stay here for atleast a week aka. overnight lows -30C or colder and the high temps. barely making it to -20C if that and I'm not going say what it actually feels like with the windchill.

leisa

OoOoOoO there was snow in huddersfield on new years...it was great, although the taxi driver did try to refuse to take us home....which wasn't so great :? :roll:

Euph-Bari

yeah the snow on new years was good - but playing in it drunk gave me a cold!

snowed alittle last night but not much - near huddersfield