Whitehaven Results

Andy_Euph

Have been depping today at the Whitehaven contest and was a canny day out, gorgeous weather.
The results I know are

3rd Section
1. Dearham 181pts - Dimensions
2. Pilling Jubilee Silver 180pts - Laudate Dominum
3. BMP Goodshaw 179pts - Laudate Dominum
4. Five Rivers 177pts - Hollywood
5. Carlise St Stephens 175pts - Vizcaya

4th Section
1. Dunston Silver 176pts - Partita
2. Five Rivers 173pts - Partita
3. Stanhope 171pts - Lydian Pictures

5th Section/Unregistered
1. Whitehaven Brass 169pts - Four Little Maids

If anybody knows the results for the other two sections please add :D

deave

hey andy! big ups to my first band - fiver rivers (aka backworth colliery)

did they play two different testpieces in one day??

Andy_Euph

Wansbeck's Ashington were 2nd playing Dimensions, well done, hope the trend of Northumberland bands staying in the prizes lasts for a long time :D

geordiecolin

Well said that man. Just imagine if there more than like 3 Northumberland bands still around. We would rule the world!!

imthemaddude

How cool was our result in the third section the band enjoyed it so much too- just goes to prove that the band is going places and capable of loads. It was a tough section - best of luck to Dearham in the US. Didn't get to drink ovington under the table because coke gets a bit tastless after a couple of bottles but im sure the rest of the band made up for me - I had to go straight back home cos I had two of my finals exams today - boo :(

hornydevil

Whitehaven Results - 1st section

1st - Tintwistle -Coventry Variations
2nd - Blackburn & Darwen - John o Gaunt
3rd - Easington
4th - Johnstone - John O Gaunt

hornblower

Well done DSB I hada great day, and it was great to be on the winning team after all the hard work we all put in... a special thanks to Wonky B for the onstage entertainment before we started.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wonky_Baton

Cheers Kate. I knew we could pull it off but I didn't think I would take myself literally and pull the top of the condutors stand off - TWICE!! :oops: :roll: In my defense it was very high. Steve from Stanhope must have had it up to his neck. :lol:

Excellent remarks from both a personal and band perspective. I tried to post them on our site but unfortuantely they haven't scanned very well. But if anyone wants them in a nutshell - three words - We Were Marvellous!! :p Every bands soloists did their jobs but as the adjudicator said our accompianments were a different class and we took risks with dynamics which paid off. 3 points to second says it all. Good all round band performance and makes up for our dissapointing performance at the Nationals. Not a bad day for me;1st conducting and a 2nd and 4th playing. Pity I didn't get a cut of the prize money. 8)

PeterBale

Staff member
Wonky_Baton said:
Cheers Kate. I knew we could pull it off but I didn't think I would take myself literally and pull the top of the condutors stand off - TWICE!! :oops: :roll: In my defense it was very high. Steve from Stanhope must have had it up to his neck. :lol:
Memories of the Europeans - I think it was Steve Bastable who wanted the stand much higher than anyone else: cue much fiddling around to raise it, followed by similar antics when the rext band took the stage and tried to put it down again :shock: :wink: :lol:

Re: Whitehaven Results - 1st section

hornydevil said:
1st - Tintwistle -Coventry Variations
2nd - Blackburn & Darwen - John o Gaunt
3rd - Easington
4th - Johnstone - John O Gaunt

Whoo! We are still getting good results! isnt that nice every body? Well? any way well done to the band, since i wasnt able to play (exams were upon me) you still managed to do it with out me :p not that it made much difference really, but any way well done the band!