Whit Fridays (again!) Where will you be?

WhatSharp?

Just thought it might be interesting to know where folks will be starting and finishing!, I did think about doing this as a poll but that would need 2 polls, one for the start and one for the finish.

Anyway as far as I know we'll probably start with either Scouthead (again) or Greenfield (which we didn't get to do last year). Not sure where we'll finish but hopefully not as late as last year where we were the last band on at Roundthorn, got to see B&R though so it was worth the wait!

Aidan

BOC Brass are starting nice n' early at Denton and finishing nice n' late at Delph :D

Pennine are starting at Denshaw and I have nay idea where we're finishing up.... :dunno I'll be the one at the front of the band throwing the mase though!!!!!!

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Unless somebody sweeps me away to west yorkshire, I'll be teacheing her in the states :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry:

davidsait said:
University of Warwick will be starting at Lees & Springhead and finishing at Delph.

Cool!

See ya there Dave, I'm making a guest appearance again this year on Sloprano cornet!!

And once again I've no idea if this is right or not, and shall rely on dawny to correct/confirm, but I have a vague memory of someone saying we're starting at Stalybridge and finishing at Delph. Though this could have been one of my famed hallucinations!

Stewart

SLOB Band are starting at Scouthead and finishing at Denshaw I think. I seem to have mysteriously become a euphonium player again for the occasion :?

Andy_Euph

Unforunately I'll be at home, as I couldn't find any bands up here going :cry:

Mind there is always next year :D

stotty74

I believe we're starting from Denton. Thought we were trying to finish in Dobcross or Delph, but because of the roadworks we're just sticking to Tameside this year

Sellers_Bird

tameside is bob tho.... sod the roadworks and get ur bums into saddleworth! thats where the real whit friday is... and u get to see littlemissmarcroft throwing her mase about :lol: god help us.

Sellers_Bird said:
tameside is bob tho.... sod the roadworks and get ur bums into saddleworth! thats where the real whit friday is... and u get to see littlemissmarcroft throwing her mase about :lol: god help us.

lol... sod off or else i shall be aiming it right at ur head!!

Cornishwomble

Group of 14 of us driving up from Chichester tomorrow going to go to Delph to see all the fun as most of us are Whit Friday "virgins", then on Saturday we'll all be dressing up and doing the beer walks

geordiecolin

Andy_Euph said:
Unforunately I'll be at home, as I couldn't find any bands up here going :cry:

Mind there is always next year :D

Why didn't you get involved with the Tmp band?? :roll:

After much cajoling I have manged at least to pin BBS down to an area.... apparently we're doin a couple in Tameside before swinging round into the Saddleworth area... and getting that much info was like getting blood from a stone...