WHIT FRIDAY RESULTS

Am I the only one reading this and finding it pretty pathetic? :? Brass banding isn't the easiest thing to promote to the general public, or friends - people who don't know the whole movement generally tend to laugh at us, picturing "geeks" and the likes. One thing I always tell those people is that they can think what they like, and that in fact brass banding provides me with a great social life and some fantastic friends, trips, tours, nights out... etc. The way you guys are carrying on, anyone would think brass banders can't be friends and encourage division. :? Sort it out, grow up :wink:

ScrapingtheBottom

road runner said:
Because I, like many people on here, choose not to. As far as I'm aware this forum doesn't discriminate against people who don't wish to give their name. :?

Cop out, really.

As I live and play in the general area I don't feel I want to subject myself or my band to the pettyness that may be a result of my opinions, which I will willingly give - this is certainly not a knock at Hepworth Band in this incident

So why bother? It only causes grief. You have to ask yourself if you would say these things to people's faces? If the answer is no then you shouldn't say them at all. Plus it appears that some of the Hepworth band know who you are anyway.

I aim not to be rude, will not decry individuals and will endeavour to be balanced but honest.

Don't we all, doesn't mean we manage it all the time.

Anyway I've said my piece, I'll leave this thread now.

PeterBale

Staff member
Can I just enter a plea for restraint here, folks :!:

There are lots of reasons why posters choose to remain anonymous on tMP and we should respect that. It does not necessarily mean they would not make the same statements face to face as individuals.

As far as I am concerned from reading this thread, road runner has clarifed the point being made perfectly well and has made it without any need for people to take offence.

Let's try to remain calm as the discussion continues :wink:

BoogieJoe

Eh, Sanders junior told me that there were some photos of BOC brass from Whit Friday. He also said that Will looked stupid in all of them. Nice one Will. Can someone tell me where they are. To save me looking for myself, obviously

critic

whit friday contests

road runner is correct when he says he is entiteled to his opinion but i would like to point out a few facts to him or her. one iam not a member of hepworth.2 hepworth were seccond at pontins in the championship section.2nd at the scottish open and from what i know of the band you will not find a more dedicated set of people any where in the band movement.iam just trying to set the record straight as iknow they have the respect as do many other bandsof many people in this fine movement of ours.

Royston Town band

Yes yes yes... we came 1st in 4th section for 3 villages. I must say we played wells. Our overall band performance was high, i played 2nd cornet. The band handled the march ORB pretty well, just a few blips but not enough to spoil the overall sound. Anyone hear us?
Matt

Aidan

eek i hope that guy who was moaning about scratch bands doesnt see that post :D :D

edit: Becky was 2nd trom with ybs 2 or 3 years ago i think. only depped on 3rd trom at the euros :)

Yeah, i see. Sorry lol wasn't too shaw on her current position, just knew she was with YBS for the Euros :oops: . She's a damn good Euph player anyhow. OK OK maybe i stired it a bit on the other thread... :lol:

Matt

Camp Jimmy

Wel Done to all players

I'd just like to take this opportunity to congratulate all who went out on whit friday, everyone did their best and it was enjoyable by all that I have spoken to - isn't that what Brass Banding is all about? - Sod the points and places, lets have a good time! :guiness

-Jimmy

-Flugel, Denton Brass
-Associate Conductor, Drum Major & Flugel, Hollingworth & Longendale Silver)
-Jack of all trades & master of none that likes to help out.