Whit Friday Results?

critic

I think the band regarded Uppermill as their poorest performance of the night...even the very best are entitled to an off moment.

The young man on sop (John Campbell) played superbly the rest of the night (2 Best Soprano prizes), which is pretty good, seeing as up until 3 weeks ago he'd never even held a soprano cornet! I think we'll be hearing a lot more from that extremely talented young player.

Sud.

Heard them at greenfield no problem with sop at all like you said anyone can have a poor performance

Red Elvis

Having heard a bit in past years on here about the behaviour (or not) of local yoofs , how was it this year ?

bassmittens

How long does it usually take for http://www.whitfriday.brassbands.saddleworth.org/Ranking_2011.php to get updated? I can see a full list of placings for diggle and delph on their own websites but am curious about the rest :D

Diggle were ultra quick. We had the full placings and our remarks emailed to us on Saturday morning!

On that point, Diggle was such a friendly venue (not that others were unfriendly may i add) they made an extra effort with everyone helping at the event making an effort to say 'thank you for coming to our contest'.

It was a most enjoyable evening overall.

P_S_Price

Having heard a bit in past years on here about the behaviour (or not) of local yoofs , how was it this year ?

At Delph near the playing area some drunken Yobs tried to kick off before the contest had even started. The Police were on them double quick and it all went quiet very quickly :)

All was fairly Quite even at Uppermill bar some scrots sealing my 2nd vale tuning slide at one of the contests lucky EEb's dont need there 3 valve compensating slide for the march and could temp bodge in to my BBb . There were very little problems really. I did feel that the crowds where not as big as they have been in the past but with the weather forecast as bad I think most people having been caught up in the monsoon of 2 years ago would of decided to give it a miss this year.

Bayerd

Diggle were ultra quick. We had the full placings and our remarks emailed to us on Saturday morning!

On that point, Diggle was such a friendly venue (not that others were unfriendly may i add) they made an extra effort with everyone helping at the event making an effort to say 'thank you for coming to our contest'.

It was a most enjoyable evening overall.

I believe that Duncan had a secretary with him to help with writing notes, collating results, twitching the curtain etc so maybe that helped speed up the process.

Great evening out for Darwen Brass who gained 6 firsts in the 4th section at Dukenfield, Carbrook, Droylesdon, Broadoak, Aldenshaw and Hurst Cross.

Our overall results at these venues has given us a placing of 10th overall in the Tameside area which for a 4th section band is good going.

Great team effort by a fantastic band in every respect :clap:

I believe that Duncan had a secretary with him to help with writing notes, collating results, twitching the curtain etc so maybe that helped speed up the process.

Can't have been that efficient as we were left waiting on stage at least 4 mins before we were permitted to start which is a pain when its starting to rain - didn't hinder our performance tho ;)

Bayerd

Great evening out for Darwen Brass who gained 6 firsts in the 4th section at Dukenfield, Carbrook, Droylesdon, Broadoak, Aldenshaw and Hurst Cross.

Our overall results at these venues has given us a placing of 10th overall in the Tameside area which for a 4th section band is good going.

Great team effort by a fantastic band in every respect :clap:

I saw you at Hurst Cross, great performance. I recognised a few that used to play at B & D, so there's obvious quality in the ranks that should be able to help you rise through the sections over the next few years.:)

I saw you at Hurst Cross, great performance. I recognised a few that used to play at B & D, so there's obvious quality in the ranks that should be able to help you rise through the sections over the next few years.:)

Ha ha, yes we have a few that have crossed over from the dark side :cool:

Glad you enjoyed the performance :D

It was a great team effort from all concerned!

GBH

Ouch, Just caught a video of Brighouse at Uppermill - brilliant band but sop really having a bad day. What happened to Alan H??

Poor John ;)

I spoke to him on the Saturday and he was absolutely gutted with that performance - they were pretty much the only slips he made all night. Listening to them at Denshaw where he won the sop prize I would tend to believe him too as to my ear he was flawless and well deserving the prize.

Oh and it's true he's only been playing the sop for about 3 weeks - but he's an outstanding player who is more than capable of pulling it off so I'm sure he'll do great at B&R.

G

Bassboner

Have just seen Saddleworth results:).In past there has also been an overall spread sheet showing all results at one viewing.Can anyone tell me if there is one available anywhere?

tgfoxley

As for the tie, it was a gift from one of the band. I was hoping that a little "Fairey" dust might assist the performance. Faireys - best band in the North-West, Stone Town - best band in the Stoke-on -Trent area!

Oh, is Stone in Stoke-on-Trent now? :tongue:

philram

I slandered my cousin - he used to do it and the tameside site says it's him but it's not - phew

As you probably know Saz...your "Cuz" drafted in a mate of his because he had another engagement. I think it was a lad who used to play for Mossley in the 80's...5th cornet or sommat?...Either way he doesn't know his a**e from his elbow....believe me!

bassmittens

We got one tonight from our contest secretary.

I am curious to see an overall set of results, much like the Tameside one.

Did they get it sent to them, or did they create it from the individual results on the Saddleworth site? Any chance you can let us know how they got it?

Thanks

Product tMP members are discussing