Whit Friday Results

tubaloopy

Well Tubaloopy, where to start, please please, tell me that you are not a Bass player as I would be so embarrassed to play the same instrument as some one who spout so much dribble as you!
any one who is so self opinionated and bitter should not be allowed air time on this or any other grown up forum!
Bitter?
Please explain?

tubaloopy

As a player with the Cheshire Constabulary Band I am pleased that the excellent work by both Dave Woollam (MD) and Tony Jackson (Drum Sergeant) has paid off.

Tubaloopy - Take a look at our website http://www.cheshirepoliceband.co.uk where our concerts are listed and come and have a listen, seems to me that you feel that the top prizes are ring fenced to the Championship bands.

It's a sad state of affairs when sour grapes enters the banding world and somebody seeks to play down somebody elses success.

I look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming concerts. http://www.cheshirepoliceband.co.uk/concert_list - band.htm

:tongue: Abbo
Sour grapes?
In what way?
Thanks for the listing.
I'll make sure i'm busy for all of them.

PeterBale

Staff member
Please can we put an end to the name-calling and back-biting and concentrate on discussing the matter in hand !

floppymute

Just a general thought about all the contests that stick the adjudicator in a caravan.
As an ex-caravanner myself I'm aware of the horrendous noise heavy rain makes on the roof.
Bearing in mind the weather last Friday I wonder just how much of some performances the adjudicators actually heard

nigeb12

Well Tubaloopy, where to start, please please, tell me that you are not a Bass player as I would be so embarrassed to play the same instrument as some one who spout so much dribble as you!
any one who is so self opinionated and bitter should not be allowed air time on this or any other grown up forum!

Wouldnt be many posters left then :)

Not wishing to or indeed needing to spring to tubaloopy's defence he is just expressing a view that is difficult to disagree with. He has been around bands for many years at the highest level so speaks with a fair amount of experience.

Not sure where you get the "bitter" bit from ! Opinionated - definitely :D

And you dont want to see him near any town hall steps - trust me

rgdunning

Hiya All, if ya search for "Tameside Whit Friday" on google you'll find the council website link. Today they have put the full results table up! It does make for some interesting reading!!!!!

towse1972

Wouldnt be many posters left then :)

Not wishing to or indeed needing to spring to tubaloopy's defence he is just expressing a view that is difficult to disagree with. He has been around bands for many years at the highest level so speaks with a fair amount of experience.

The highest level? What would that be then?

tubaloopy

I was just wondering what counts as "afair bit of experience" at "the highest level"
Would you like to compare trophies?
Not that it matters in the least.
Good luck to Cheshire Constabulary, enjoy the moment.
Who was the adjudicator at Denshaw incidently?

themusicalrentboy

Would you like to compare trophies?
Not that it matters in the least.

:clap:

however true that may be, I will say that if the parties concerned are truly that bothered they should, IMO, make their feelings known to the organisers of the 'offending' villages and to Black Dyke themselves. I know I'm quite hypocritical here about complaining on tMP due to my comments after the areas, but I think if enough people show their feelings to the organisers then either A) the rumours that are about will be completely quashed once and for all, or B) the neccessary steps will be taken to ensure there is no pecking order other than the order you are waiting up in.

:tup

Kinrao

I was just wondering what counts as "afair bit of experience" at "the highest level"

Apparently the only opinion worthy in this movement is from those who have played with the elite bands.

Given the drivel that has been spouted by the individual in question, I think we know different!

Product tMP members are discussing