Whit Friday Contest March Percussion

Aidan

yup its a rule...
good job we have 6 percussionists so they can carry all the pints back from the bar!

davidsait

That is a very good point, the percussionist can indeed get the beers in whilst we do the necessary, but anyone know why the rule exists at all?

drummergurl

lol if only i was old enough to *cough* get served! :lol:

dunno why the rules there but it is and its great if your a percussionist

PeterBale

Staff member
I suspect as much as anything it is left over from the days when percussion was not allowed at any contests, and they may well have decided that the percussion could cover up all the sloppy playing from the bass section :shock: :oops: :wink:

I think (and i emphasise the "think" bit!) that your only allowed 25 players, hence percussion pushing it over the limit! Could be wrong tho...just what I was once told. :roll:

TIMBONE

PeterBale said:
I suspect as much as anything it is left over from the days when percussion was not allowed at any contests, and they may well have decided that the percussion could cover up all the sloppy playing from the bass section :shock: :oops: :wink:
On a serious note, I think Peter has more or less answered the original question, although I have to add that it is not just the bass section :lol:

OK - BACK TO THE DRINKING