Which section is best?

Which section r00ls?

• You can't beat a Musical Director <insert pun here>

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sparkling_quavers

Yep! your best player should be on principal, 2nd best on rep, 3rd best on 2nd man down and then 4th best on top 3rd cornet! Well that is what I think anyway!!

Without the backrow you would have unbalanced chords and no rhythm n drive...or is that with the backrow? :roll: :D

Fishsta

Sorry, I had to vote Trombones.... :D

I might be a Euph player now, but the Trombone is without doubt my favourite instrument.

All hail the mighty Bone!

rutty

No front row cornets yet? Probably can't figure out how these PC keys work! :wink: :shock:

amgray

Re the Poll - you CAN beat a Musical Director, and you should once a week whether you think they need it or not.

As for the best section, OBVIOUSLY it is the Trombone's 'cos we can do it in 7 infinitely variable positions. :? :x :shock: :lol:

Keppler

Staff member
infinitely variable is right.. now if ye could only do it the same way twice in a row....

Roger Thorne

Lets be honest about this one, without the MUSICAL DIRECTOR in front of the band sorting you all out, none of the sections rule!

:wink:

Keppler

Staff member
Roger Thorne said:
Lets be honest about this one, without the MUSICAL DIRECTOR in front of the band sorting you all out, none of the sections rule!

yes we do... just all with different interpretations...

rutty

Roger Thorne said:

As long as you think you're in charge then that's OK :wink:

SoundTheCornet

Music is all group work

There is no doubt about it...

Every player in every section is important as the next in any band. There is no way anyone can say that one section is the most important when the other is supporting them.

In any good band, every player plays in the team, not as the "most important" player, or section.

Though, if we are refering to looks and sound produced by an individual instrument. The winner is most definately the Cornet.