Which Section Drinks the most in your band?

Which section in your band drinks the most?

• Total voters

DublinBass

Supporting Member
I have noticed that, in many instances, drinking goes along with some of the socializing in the brass band world. Some sections of the band tend to contribute more to this 'band hobby' than others. I think the typical stereotype is that the low brass players tend to put away more adult beverages than any other section. In my last band in the States it was actually the tenor horn section that did the most damage!!!

What about your band?

Jan H

Staff member
In our band, it's definitely the trombone section!
They are also specialized in the beers with high alcohol percentage, like Duvel and Trappist :)

LOL..... I think it's our trombone section, although it is easier for them to gain the title - only having three of them!! Or maybe our euphoniums... hmmm. Its not our cornet section anyway - but Billy and Bruce and Lisa are pretty big on the ole drink! Yes, trombones me says !!!

ginger_jo

little_miss_marcroft!
i seem to think (or trying to remember) that u drank the equivalent to the trombone section on that sunday night!! haha!.......... i'm sure me and you would make up for all the rest of our cornet section :) x

Last edited:

mikelyons

Supporting Member
It's probably the troms, though one of them isn't very good at keeping it in once it has been drunk!

Having said that our Sop and 3rd man down can put away quite a few litres between them.

I think troms have to work really hard to keep up with their reputations. It's all a plot to discredit them ! :) :) :)

Raspberry

I think it is a toss up between the basses, horns and trombones in Bestwood.

Remind me of this poll again once we've been to Butlins and I'll confirm the answer!

ginger_jo said:
little_miss_marcroft!
i seem to think (or trying to remember) that u drank the equivalent to the trombone section on that sunday night!! haha!.......... i'm sure me and you would make up for all the rest of our cornet section :) x

Look right - thats just not fair!! My drinking limits are in changing season or something - I was leathered off 3 glasses of wine last night, I kid thee not ! - I just can't handle it anymore!!!!

I say trombones... but me and jo are fighting the corner for the whole cornet section!! My poor liver!

Great thread!
As captain of the formation drinking team, I am qualified to quote for my band :p

It is difficult to single out one section - solo trombone is an accomplished drinker and the bass trom can keep up as well :)

Although I am ashamed to say it, it is not the backrow who are the best in our band, but it is the lovely ladies in the percussion section :shock:

Well it's the back row cornet section that always seem to drink, but it's our solo trombone that seems to drink THE most!

definately the bases, when ever i see them they seem to be drinking!

we were camping the other day, and most the band had gone to bed, but the bass section had found themselves a caravan and i dont think they slept that night.

kate_the_horn

Obvious this one!

Horns

hands down, and im not legal till 1 week on wednesday!

our flugal took a bottle of bacardi to the chinese b4 the contest (night before)
and our 2nd horn is a definate alcoholic!

i drink a lot, but only coz i cant play (nerves) without alcohol

tbh rebecca drinks the least, but only coz she drives to band!

kell x

Andy_Euph

The section that drinks the most in our band is the 1st Baritone section :p ...i've never seen anybody handle as much drink as Paul and i've learnt a lot from him :metal: :-D

WhatSharp?

I voted for our MD, although strictly speaking he can't actually "outdrink" anyone :D he keeps on trying! (Sorry Chris!, must be the stress of conducting us lot!).

lynchie

I think at Flixton it was the Cornets... The trombones were lagging slightly with no 2nd, and Brian not drinking... but the cornets had a few demons in the ranks!

sparkling_quavers

hmmm yes lynchie, there are a few cornet players in Flixton that like a few drinks! Saying that there are certainly a few members in other sections that could put challenge to the cornets any day!

Raspberry

sparkling_quavers said:
hmmm yes lynchie, there are a few cornet players in Flixton that like a few drinks! Saying that there are certainly a few members in other sections that could put challenge to the cornets any day!

The cornet section used to be a challenge at Bestwood but not anymore since certain players moved away from Notts!!!!

Mrs Fruity

Our basses do very well on their own thank you, but don't forget MR BoozyBTrom counts as part of our bass section too- hmmmmm what to vote?....