Which of these should have more airtime than footie?

Which of these should have more airtime than footie?

• Total voters

TuTuKu

drummergurl said:
wots 2 up wen its at home?

Yea what is it? I think bog snorkelling sounds fun.... are we talking about bogs as in peat bogs, or bogs as in lavatories?

ted

Cheese rolling a sport where people try to run up a hill, but people at the top of the hill roll giant (and I mean gaint) rolls of cheese at them.

It often makes appearances in "World's Blankiest Blank Vol.Blank" shows.

Ted

Okiedokie of Oz

Two up is a form of gambling done in the streets based on the prediction of calling heads or tails on 2 coins.

I think sport shouldn't be televised full stop. Any form of competition. Just entertaining, well-scripted sitcoms and soapies and such

Well Worth It

My old band used to play at a cheese rolling festival, so I can speak from first hand experience. Such a grrrrreat day out. Fun for all the family. :?

The general rules as I remember them are as follows:

Cheese must be homemade (of about dinner plate size).
Go to top of hill.
Roll cheese down hill.
First one to cross the line at the bottom wins.

Those things really shift if they get going properly.
I've been reliably informed that it's all in the smooth rolling action.

Yeah, ok.

Keep this inane nonsense AWAY from TV. (Leave that to "Honey I wrecked the House")

Bog-snorkelling all the way.

ScrapingtheBottom

Well Worth It said:
Cheese must be homemade (of about dinner plate size).
Go to top of hill.
Roll cheese down hill.
First one to cross the line at the bottom wins.

Those things really shift if they get going properly.
I've been reliably informed that it's all in the smooth rolling action.

They get some horrific injuries - they once thought about banning it because it was so dangerous.

Dave Payn

I was going to suggest the World F*rting Down A 30ft Alphorn Championships, held annually on the Swiss Alps (usually covered by Eurosport) but I remember now. It was banned after last years winning rectal retort caused a major avalanche. :wink:

bruceg

I voted for bog-snorkelling though cheese rolling came a close second. Saw some footage once where a giant cheese took out a whole bunch of competitors running up the hill - looked well sore :D

Where's the all of the above option?
go Cheese Rolling! although chess is about as entertaining as the England squad on a good day!
:lol:

bigmamabadger

Bog snorkeling takes place in a trench in a bog. Basically you snorkel 100 metres through mud in Wales and people watch.

Should have added Mountain Bike Bog Snorkeling which involves a deeper trench and a mountain bike. One day I'm going to go to Llamedos or wherever it is and have a look. Maybe we can offer them a tMP band for the day? :lol: :lol:
BMB
xx

jambo

Oh dear, more footy hatred although an inspired choice of past times.
What about
'Grub Hunting',
Hole digging
or even a nice bout of 'Badger Baiting' :shock: :? :lol:

Leave footy on the box along with all other sports. The more competition we have out there the better. All this cancelling sportsdays coz kiddies shouldnt be allowed to lose is rubbish. How r they going top cope with brass band contests?

Keep it live and loud!

peasantband

Ha Ha i like the thread...

the cheese rolling is funny if at the bottom of hill the man who trys to stiop it is squashed. Much fun from the swiss. Like the England game no?

Also for the tele is the pond skating. If the frozen ice it breaks, much entertainment is to be seen from the rescue attempts. Would be good for the tele I think. How do you say, reality television?