Where can i get a flugel?

Rambo Chick

I'm looking to buy a new flugel and i just don't know where or who has a decent range of them for me to try out-it has to be the right one. Can anyone point me in the direction of retailers who might be able to help me out?

iv already looked on Band Supplies and Normans but there isn't a great range or much information there.

:?:

Naomi McFadyen

Yea and we've recently just had a thread on instruments... scroll down a bit or it'll be on next page in this forum.... theres various links people have put on there

;-)

Thirteen Ball

What's this then? You gotta have a new toy cos mark bust his trombone and got a nice shiny new one?

Girlfriend's perogative not to be left out of anything I suppose!

Thank God I don't have to buy a bass.... :shock:

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Big Twigge said:
Ask Elin (twigglet!) she apparently found a great shop in London. Spent 2 hours playing in there 8)

Wasn't Phil Parker's was it? Great shop that just off Baker Street :D

cornetgirl

The Courtois is a lovely instrument - but I found it quite heavy and after a long gig I started having problems with shoulder pain, so if you have any back / neck injuries bear that in mind.

I bought my flugel from Harrogate - bit of money doing it up and I now have a beautiful Strad!

Rach x

jameshowell

Hornblower RN said:
Get in touch with Leigh McKinney of Eclipse Trumpets http://www.eclipsetrumpets.com/ read this review http://www.trumpetmaster.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2465 and here http://www.trumpetmaster.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2475
Apparently Leigh's flugel was the darling of the ITG show in Denver this June. If it's anything like the trumpet I bought in January from him you won't go wrong. :wink:

Also worth a look are the Taylor Trumpets, they are beautiful instruments, and you can customise them how you like. I've never looked back since getting my Taylor London trumpet, and am hoping in the future to get a cornet and flugel from him.

groovy

Although you have dismissed Band Supplies, my brother and I got instruments from them. They were extremely helpful and got two brand new instruments ordered in for us (including a Selmer paris flug for bro which he loves, might be worth a try.) We were able to have them on trial for a few weeks and then we could just send away the paperwork to buy them. Good luck finding your instrument!

noddy

groovy said:
Although you have dismissed Band Supplies, my brother and I got instruments from them. They were extremely helpful and got two brand new instruments ordered in for us (including a Selmer paris flug for bro which he loves, might be worth a try.) We were able to have them on trial for a few weeks and then we could just send away the paperwork to buy them. Good luck finding your instrument!

I would agree with you. Band Supplies in Scotland have always been helpful anytime I have dealt with them and I've ordered mouthpieces online from the Leeds Shop without any probs. Hope you find what you're looking for. :bounce

lynchie

I don't know if Myatts (www.myatts.co.uk) do flugels, but if they do, I'd give them a look. They're generally cheaper than most, and the guys there are really friendly and helpful about everything!