when Jeremy met Kate...........

rachael

CONGRATULATIONS......... to Kate Ivey (solo horn and chairperson) and Jeremy Topp (1st horn) of Portishead Town Band,on their recent engagement.

Kate and Jer met last year during the Area finals weekend at Torquay when Portishead Town Band and Test Valley (jer's old band! but he was only there supporting and not playing!) were staying at the same hotel,Seascapes.
Lots of talk about horns! :wink: and plenty of white wine consumed by Kate (well ok it only takes 2 glasses!)........and love blossomed!

After many months of trips up and down the motorways between Bristol and Hampshire,Kate's little Micra and Jeremys Metro,couldnt take the pace any longer and drastic action was called for.........Jeremy moved to Bristol and not only join Kate on a "life journey",but also joined our band too! :D (personally i think that was all he wanted!.......havin Kate too was just an added bonus!! :lol: )

The rest as they say is history!

So Congratulations to you both from all your banding buddies,looking forward to the wedding in Sept 2005 ( and yes it is after the finals!)

kate_the_horn

ahhhh congrats!!

i await the day that my boyfriend becomes a permanent memeber of the horn section!!

kel xx (he is a flugal player at the mor)

lynchie

aww... banding bringing people together again :cry: ... it's all getting a bit soppy around here, what with the wedding last week, and now this! I think it must be a horn thing!

Dave Payn

I think I can suggest to a degree, what colours they could weear at the wedding. For a start, perhaps an Ivey topp? :roll:

rachael

Dave Payn said:
I think I can suggest to a degree, what colours they could weear at the wedding. For a start, perhaps an Ivey topp? :roll:

:lol: :lol: .........and some suggestions for hen/stag parties would be good too and of course an obligatory band prank to be carried out on the day maybe!!? :wink:

flugelgal

Congratulations to you both! And to the band too.

and you did this all without the help of BMB and SQ...? hmm......