What's your favourite dynamic???

PeterBale

Staff member
When I'm playing bass, I often find the most satisfying parts are those where you add the bottom note to a final, pianissimo chord.

James McFadyen

The more f's, the better!!.........................the only thing is, I get a lot more four-lettered f words if I keep getting notes wrong!

So let's just say my favorte dynamic is BLASTISSIMO!

Keppler

Staff member
can I have "piu f" or the great dynamic I saw in one of Alan Catherall's arrangements.. "f+"
:D

PeterBale

Staff member
Keppler said:
can I have "piu f" or the great dynamic I saw in one of Alan Catherall's arrangements.. "f+"
:D

Seeing as it's you you can even have picju f :!: :wink: :lol:

Keppler

Staff member
what do you think Jules? Can I have a picju f? Or is there something in the Tralvestic Convention Proceedings of 1647 that prevents me?

Moy

Our conductor says that in our band we play the one dynamic composers don't ask for : COMFORTABLE . :roll:

Not a huge fan of extreme quiet or of extreme loud. I prefer a nice sensitive mp or mf tht allows the player to crreate a very moving ound.

Naomi McFadyen

Interesting topic this...

For me, number one has to be extremes and also powerful fp's and sfz's... nothing like it...
I also adore hymn tunes (and slow melodies) being played at the p to mf mark... beeeeeeeeautiful :)

Moy

Phoenixhorn said:
Not a huge fan of extreme quiet or of extreme loud. I prefer a nice sensitive mp or mf tht allows the player to crreate a very moving ound.

That's the one .....comfortable :lol:

stopher

Depends what the piece is - if it's quite, I like to go another notch further and play very quiet!

On the other hand, if it says FFFF, then obliterato!

Chris

P.S.

Is that Peter from COlwyn Bay that started this thread. Nice to see your using your time in College well - bit like you did in school mate!

Ben Williamson

as a trombone player i think you cant go wrong with a blast through a ff section to wake you up!

however i occassionally find that some quiet passages are just as exhilerating!

ben x