What's the best car?

If you could have any car in the world what would it be?

• Cadillac-type petrol-monster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Morris Traveller

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bigmamabadger

If you could have any car in the world what would it be?
I've just bought a decrepit old banger of a Volvo and I've rather fallen in love with her. Looks like a box of sardines on wheel, but hey, she's got a quirky, noisy charm all of her own. Unlike the soulless far-Eastern plank that's just died on me.
Not my ideal car, obviously, that's a Citroen DS but it'll do for now.
BMB
xx

mikelyons

Supporting Member
I prefer a car that has 5 wheels, but for style, the Citroen 2CV has to be it. A friend of mine had one and we often referred to it as "The alleged car"

jameshowell

Would like a Bentley Continental GT, but wasn't on list, so a Chauffer Driven Roller would have to be my choice... althought, to be honest, if i had a Roller I'd ant to drive it myself! Lol!

Maestro

Anything that gets me and the family from A to B safely.....and doesn't cost me a lot to keep on the road either!!!

drummerboy

Majoresteve said:
well im looking for a car at the momrnt (driving test next month!!) but my only condition is that its cheap to insure!

I'm afraid such cars don't exist! (well, if you don't count toy cars that is...)

Maestro

drummerboy said:
I'm afraid such cars don't exist! (well, if you don't count toy cars that is...)

Too true!!
My insuance has just gone up by £200, and all because I moved to Essex! :evil: :evil:

mikelyons

Supporting Member
Majoresteve said:
i'll find a way! something that resembles a hair dryer on wheels couldnt cost that much to insure!

Sadly, it seems to depend a lot on your age. If you're under 21. :wow :hammer

bigmamabadger

The "alleged" car has already been mentioned, the 2CV, we had one which cost us about £150 to insure. Mind you we were both over 25 and they cost a fortune to keep on the road and you have to know someone who knows someone who can fix the wretched things.
I loved her anyway. She was called Cynthia and drove all over the country from Skye to Penzance. Not all in one go though....
BMB
xx

mikelyons

Supporting Member
bigmamabadger said:
The "alleged" car has already been mentioned, the 2CV, we had one which cost us about £150 to insure.

Actually, Mama, you mentioned the DS :!: not my place to argue with you though :D

For a bass player a 5 door or estate is essential.

My wonderful Honda Concerto has served me well for lo these many years.

bigmamabadger

mikelyons said:
bigmamabadger said:
Actually, Mama, you mentioned the DS :!: not my place to argue with you though :D

Indeed, it's not. However, although I did mention the DS, you were the first to mention the 2CV :p . It was your post to which I was referring :wink:
Pedantic Badger
xx

Brian Kelly

My current car is a Ford Ka. It is reliable, cheap to run, good to drive and goes faster than you would expect on motorways. Its only drawback for me is that my bass trombone is too big for the boot, so I am looking for something a bit bigger for my next car.

Keppler

Staff member
You lot have no cause to be giving out about insurance... ye pay a fraction of what it costs over here...

Ideal car would be a 1962 Jaguar Mk II, preferably in dark green...
As that is sadly impossible, one of those wee smart cars would be "interesting"

Naomi McFadyen

Majoresteve said:
yep and being 17, i have to pay LOADS, oh well, thats why i have a job!

Beauty of being 17 and living at home is that you could put ya dad as first driver and you as 2nd which saves loads!!!
Get a smallish car with "low specs" and the insurance costs won't be too bad.... unlike mine at the mo :? you've seen my car Steve, I pay loads for the insurance... especially now I've moved up North!

As for the thread in question................... I like nice looking cars! and most importantly, reliable cars.... I've done well with Ford and Vauxhall have been good too from the cars my dad had...
I'm in love with my uncle Mazda MX5, which I had the pleasure of driving in May...... :) NICE!
Jaguar would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet to have.... I LOVE them.... the Rover 75 (which I call fake Jags) are also VERY nice!

:lol:

Okiedokie of Oz

I am a practical person, and it shows in my cars.

My first car was an old 1982 Suzuki hatch. 2 seater, 20L fuel tank, 550cc engine. Cheap, nasty and the tuba fit in the boot!!!! Also good when I was working as a pizza boy. Very cheap!!

When Suzie died, I upgraded to Kasey, a 1985 VK holden Commodore Wagon. She drinks the fuel more, but I now have a car that can haul passengers, equipment (inluding percussion, or tow the timp trailor), the dog and exceed 80kph!!

My next car will either be another wagon or a 4wd of some description. The new Holdens look nicer than the Fords (it's the great Aussie debate - Ford vs Holden, and I only drive a Holden because it's all I can afford at the moment!) at a basic level, but cheaper and nicer again are the Hilux dual cab 4wd utes or the Nissan Navara utes, same deal.

In a perfect world, with money being no object, I wouldn't pick a car for it's speed features, but if it did look like a performance vehicle it wouldn't be too bad. I DO have a lead foot unfortuately!! Maybe that's why I might be sticking to the diesel 4wds?????

Well Worth It

I'm currently in a bit of a dilemma regarding my favourite car.
To go for looks, then the Mitsubishi Shogun Evolution appears to have been expertly crafted by the claws of Satan himself. What a beast! 300bhp and all that shit.
art_334.1_mitsubishi_pajero_sho01.jpg

However, to choose class/style over looks, then the only winner can be the TVR Tamora. Heaven on wheels.
3127-6.jpg

3127-2.jpg

*drools over keys*

lynchie

That new McClaren Merc thing looks nice... put a soft top on it so that I can look good in summer, and it'd be perfect! Speed AND style!

(not that I can even afford the insurance on a metro with my record...)