What Tunes Do You Like At The Moment?? "Not Brass"

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Just had a bit of a rant on another topic....need to chill out....

the pieces I'm enjoying at the mo' are:

At my most beautiful - REM
Don't miss you at all - Norah Jones
Out of time - Blur
Kiss of love - Jools Holland/Nick Cave/Sam Brown
Dirty Man - Joss Stone
If I an't got you - Alicia Keys

Fishsta

If you ever feel down, have a listen to the one song that can make you smile for no apparent reason...

Shiny Happy People by REM.

If I'm not listening to brass bands at the moment, I've been listening to songster (SA choir, sad I know), and my favourite song has to be 'In His Presence'. Very moving.

I also love listening to Eva Cassidy's 'Somewhere over the rainbow' and wish I could sing like that!!!

Big Twigge

Fishsta said:
If you ever feel down, have a listen to the one song that can make you smile for no apparent reason...
Shiny Happy People by REM.

Or on a day like this, the one that I can't remember what its called or who its bye, but goes
"what a beautiful day-ay-ay, what a beautiful day. Everything is something something, in its own something something way"

Wind the windows down, turn the music up and sing REALLY loudly, REALLY badly 8)

Bluebottle

listening to "best of acoustic" at the moment - tis v gd! not particularly cheerful tho!

like all 3 of the maroon 5 songs i've heard so quite tempted to get the album. can anyone recommend it?

keane - "somewhere only we know", the new norah jones album and eva cassidy's "american tune" album.

:D and simon & garfunkel!!! :D

Nat

Who's David- by busted(album only i think)
toxic- britney has really grown on me
and still an avid STEPS fan im afraid!!

drummergurl

something else ive been listening to alot recently is a CD that was recorded last year and was released just before xmas. its by the liverpool philharmonic youth and training choir. when it was recorded i was in the youth choir and i actually have a midgey little solo in track 3 of the CD about 1min 10secs into track 3. anywayz if any of you would like to buy it so you can listen to moi (or just coz u want to listen to a fantastic youth choir) the CD is called a simple song and its on the RLPO live label. costs a tenner!

*ends blatant plug*

Maroon 5- This Love
Keane- Everybody's Changing
3 Doors Down- Here Without You
N*E*R*D- She wants to move
and
The usual Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple etc etc....

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Bluebottle said:

Oooohhh Simon and Garfunkel rock!!! Well they don't actually but I'm sure you know what I mean :wink:

"Bridge Over Troubled Water" is awesome.

kate_the_horn

sadly enough for all you that know me, ive had "Mandy" stuck in my head for weeks!

and for all who know me, hopefully it will be gone, VERY soon!

kate xx

drummergurl

WoodenFlugel said:
Bluebottle said:

Oooohhh Simon and Garfunkel rock!!! Well they don't actually but I'm sure you know what I mean :wink:

"Bridge Over Troubled Water" is awesome.

please dont remind me of that, our chamber choir (which im part of) had to sing it in a special assembly in my school the week before we broke up for xmas, coz one of the boys in year 11's life support machine had been switched off and it was a very sad occasion