What to do after Whit Friday??

A group of us from Chichester are coming to Delph for Whit Friday - we know exactly what we are going to do then - have a drink, listen to a band, have another drink, another band, drink, band, drink, drink, band - you get the picture.

However we're also staying up for Saturday night as well. So my question for you is: Does anyone have any suggestions for things to do (either banding or not) on Saturday afternoon/evening? (we're staying near Delph).

Cornishwomble

Apparently there are some beer walks on the Saturday (sounds good already), don't know of anyone has any info on that

horn1

On the Saturday there is a big sponsered walk around saddleworth i.e the Beer Walk. You can either take part (10 miles, 10 pubs and fancy dress) or (my prefered option!) watch in Uppermill. You get to see lots of mad people and get drunk into the bargin. What more could you ask for???!!!!

Cornishwomble

It's ok I'm in touch with my feminine side, plus I've got a long blonde wig and tiara to really add the finishing touches! :twisted:

2nd man down

Staff member
Roy Taylor said:
It's ok I'm in touch with my feminine side, plus I've got a long blonde wig and tiara to really add the finishing touches! :twisted:

I have a feeling you're gonna fit in quite well up here when you visit!!! :lol: :tup

2nd man down

Staff member
Horn1, your interests shown in your profile give you away as a true Whit Friday-er!! :guiness :guiness and more :guiness .

Good effort.

I take it you'll be there this year?

Big Fella

Horn 1, you did not give the people from Chichester a full review of the days outings..

Meet in the pub 12.00 ish..
Wander into Uppermill 2.00 ish
Enjoy the 1 mile uphill walk to the Church pub 4.00 ish
The rest of the day does not matter, beer takes over..

Only ever walked it once, and never doing it again...

horn1

Big Fella said:
Horn 1, you did not give the people from Chichester a full review of the days outings..

Meet in the pub 12.00 ish..
Wander into Uppermill 2.00 ish
Enjoy the 1 mile uphill walk to the Church pub 4.00 ish
The rest of the day does not matter, beer takes over..

Only ever walked it once, and never doing it again...

Yes but you walked it as a giant red heart!!!!