What Time Do You Start Work?

six pints

when im not being a student i lifeguard and work 9-5. but i end up wanting to kill myself by half ten. my job sucks.

Lauradoll

Registration starts at 8.40am and school finishes at 3 :D However I'm usually there for 8 :? and still hanging around sorting stuff out at 4.30- always try to leave before 5 though!

Roll on half term :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

cornetgirl

First patient at 9.15, last patient is out by 5 Mon - Thurs with half an hour after for paperwork.

Friday last patient usually out by 4, surgery cleaned down by half past then cake and coffee for all the staff until 5! I have the best job in the world!

At the moment I'm working at the end of the world on Wednesdays and Thursdays so I can leave immediately after my last patient! Result!

Rach x

Will the Sec

Generally I start at 9.30ish and finish after 5.30.

The only hard and fast rule though, is that come hell or high water or even Ministerial diktat, I'm out of the door at 5.15 on a Thursday for pre band meal with friends and then band.

Big Twigge

Sometimes I have to work as early as 10 :shock: , other times I start at 5, finish at 8....the joys of part time work :D

hornblower

I leave the house by 8 and get the ferry across the tyne to my new work place hours are 9 - 5 but often have to work evenings ad weekends too.... :cry:

ScrapingtheBottom

I try to stick to 9 to 5, but I was in at 7.30 this morning :shock: !

Sometimes have to come in weekends to fill up things with liquid nitrogen.

When I'm off working the the big bunker outside warrington it's 18 hours a day, 7 days a week for 2 - 3 weeks.

lynchie

ScrapingtheBottom said:

any scientific reason? or do you just like to show people how strong you are by smashing seemingly solid objects after you've frozen them?

ScrapingtheBottom

lynchie said:
ScrapingtheBottom said:

any scientific reason? or do you just like to show people how strong you are by smashing seemingly solid objects after you've frozen them?

I work on ultra-high vacuum chambers which work at 1 x 10-10 mbar (atmospheric pressure is 1000 mbar) which is about equivalent to the pressure in deep space. We use special pumps which have a liq nitrogen cooled trap - which stays cold for about 24 hrs before you have to fill it up again. Oh yeah and smashing frozen roses on tables - very important.

Sharpy

On a normal working day we start at 9am with a rehearsal (although we have to be in work and in uniform by half 8 ) and as long as were not doing a concert we're usually finished by 11.30-12ish. But if we have a gig then I can be on a bus for up to 8 hours, do a two to three hour gig and then do the bus journey back. So I can sometimes be working up to and over 24 hours in one go!! Its a hard life being a RM musicain!! NOT!!!!

Trom41821

I currently work office hours 08:30 - 16:30 ish with the odd earlies, lates or night shift depending on what's needed. We are expected to be flexible at all times and this includes the occasional Saturday or Sunday as well.

I used to work 04:30 - 14:00 then got a promotion to the above which from 1st June is meant to include working in Chester as well as Shrewsbury!! :evil:

TIMBONE

ju33les said:
My earliest start time is 8am but never know when I can go home...... :(

You can come home any time you like darling, I keep telling you that I have done your horn practice for you, didn't you get the message?

bruceg

Normally try to stick to 9-5 but it's very variable. If we have a real push on to get a project completed then 90+ hour weeks aren't uncommon :(

Raspberry

I work flexi time but try to get in as early as possible between 7.30 and 8.30 and then leave around 5 -5.30pm with half an hour lunch - if I get the chance to have a lunch break! :roll: