What do you do when you're not at band?

picju96

I do a music camp in the summer in Guernsey (sister island), it's a great laugh and if anyone under 19 would like to come you're more than welcome, wind bands and orchestras only though! Pm me if u want details.

Julia

Aidan

Heather said:
Have a good time Aiden! Make sure you keep Chris Wormald in hand!
You know what he's like when he's had a drink!!
No?.....nor do I!!
not that we'd even dream of spiking his drink... or ever have doone in the past ;) ;)

Aidan

shhh not so loud...

they almost had him a couple of years ago in a McDonalds in Japan when some 140% white rum was slipped into his milkshake.. he smelt it though :cry:

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Hey Aidan - will you be seeing Nigel Weeks when you're in NZ...? He used to conduct Tredegar Band many years ago as well as the Gwent Youth Band. A well regarded and respected brass tutor he is, if you see him, say "Hi" from me yeah?

John

Aidan

ello.. what does he do over there?
If he plays or conducts.. we're doing a few joint gigs with bands.. but im not sure which ones :S but il try and remember yeah :)

davidsait

Good to see I'm not the only chemist on here.

Instead of thinking up something original to write, I thought it might be easier if I just posted my biog from the last concert I did.

"David Sait joined the University of Warwick in 1998, and graduated last summer with a Masters in Chemistry. Unable to stay away, he is now studying for his PhD in Controlled Polymer Synthesis.
Having played with a variety of ensembles whilst at Warwick, the Brass Band has become his major interest, leading to an unhealthy obsession with contesting (and hence, beer).
A previous President of the Brass Society, Dave has played cornet, flugel and percussion with the band, and now also plays regularly with City of Coventry Brass, as well as helping other local bands when the need arises.
Dave has had lessons in recent years with Bill Thompson and Simon Lenton, and cites his favourite composer as Philip Wilby"

So, that just about covers it!

Dave

Straightmute

In the light of the review of the Northern Regional Contest in this month's Brass Band World (p19) I'd like to update my 'what I do when not at band' list. According to their reviewer (who is a Shakespeare of BB journalists) I am both 'enigmatic' and a 'fashion guru'.

All who know me will doubtless agree.

David

Conductor
Composer
Enigma
Fashion Guru

BoozyBTrom

Straightmute said:
David

Conductor
Composer
Enigma
Fashion Guru
Thats exactly what I was thinking during our chat before we went on stage. " I wish i had a good a dress sense as that" and "WOW what an enigma"
:wink: :wink:

asteria

Well here's another student who does very little other than doss around / drink / sleep / eat junk food / spend money etc etc.!

I'm on my 2nd year of Physics with Acoustics at Salford Uni, and spend hours hanging around (and living with) the bandies on the music course. I play in the uni band at Salford too, and i'm told i'm an honorary music student (is that a compliment or an insult?!). Next year i'm hoping to take an industry year working in acoustics consultancy (well it sounds impressive!) :D

Helen

cornetgirl

Gareth, honey, have you been on the sherry trifle again????

I think we should be worried about the guy from BBW - maybe he needs an eye test!!!

Rach x

sudcornet

Who was the reporter David....Michael Foot?!?! (You need to be pushing 40 to get that)
Out of band activities? Working, sleeping or practising I guess.
I do occasionally fly-fish, walk the dogs and shoot furry animals, but mostly just the former.
Sud.