What do you do when you're not at band?

sparkling_quavers

geordiecolin said:
oh dear rach, you have led a sheltered life! do less music stuff and live a little!!
I know I can't help being so innocent :twisted:

Other than band (twice a week), I also play in a concert band (sparkling quavers used to be its social sec. come back rachel!!).
well i can't help being so good at my job...it is all that practice 8)

[/quote]

geordiecolin

neiltwist said:
geordiecolin said:
yeah, thats me really. no rugby league preferences, i dont really enjoy it as a game. its just 2 lines of people running into each other repeatedly until they run out of tackles, and then it goes back the other way. A repetitive in my opinion. (You're just a bunch of egg chasing *beep*ers)
where as football is a bunch of people jumping over a ball not wanting to touch it in case it's dirty and complaining they're injured when they get tackled. And oh yeah, the association sacks any head who tries to modernise the game and make it a bit more interesting.
I'm not going to get bogged down here by a football/rugby debate. Each to their own I say.

If you're at Durham Uni and do Physics, do you know Jonathan Christer or Chris Liddle?? Assuming you're a 2nd year that is.

jimothy

not at band? weird concept.
that must be when i'm working on the bands website then.
oh i have a bike too.

HBB

Erm .......

when I'm not at band, or on tMP (which some members may think is impossible :p :roll:) I have homework and courseword :( :cry:

I also like to compoe and arrange for our Brass Band ..... comes in handy for the composition side of GCSE Music! :D

Ben ;)

stephen2001

2nd year Automotive Engineer at Loughborough University. That's 20 hours a week plus loads and loads of homework :(

I play 1st Trombone for the Uni Concert Band who last year qualified for the National Concert Band Festival. Each Tuesday night after rehearsal normally ends up with a lot of drinking (not always alcoholic tho (just in case Mum's reading :shock: ))!

Most of the rest of the time is spent at the LCR, the university's own radio station where I am the Sports Editor. That involves 6 hours a week of basically talking to myself :? probably why I'm so mad.

Any spare time left, I am nomally catching up on some well deserved sleep!!

This Easter holidays will be full of coursework, revision, my local band two nights a week (If my lips can take it :? ), a conference, and listening through my collection of MiniDiscs that I recorded all my radio shows on (around 40 hours of material :? ). Me thinks I'm gonna be a busy boy!!

Heather

Oh Jimothy! You're going to have all the girls requesting signed photos now!!!!
Get mine in the post immediately!!

cornetgirl

Oooh dear Heather....do take a few deep breaths dear!

Nice bike though! I always wanted a little scooter but I'd prob fall off it....

(It's my topic and I'll go off it if I want to!) :wink:

Rach x

neiltwist

geordiecolin said:
If you're at Durham Uni and do Physics, do you know Jonathan Christer or Chris Liddle?? Assuming you're a 2nd year that is.

yep, know chris, he was my lab partner last term!

I also found out tonight that i could have been playing at besses for the last week; i'm dissappointed obviously, but it just proves that my life is band.

Big Twigge

Band is only a part time hobby at the moment as I'm studying Pharmacology at Leeds University (trying desperately to avoid failing my 2nd year)
I love watching (not playing~I am a lazy moose) lots of sport, but am particularily keen, like Elin(twigglet) on watching Bath play rugby!
Also a big cricket fan!

WALES forever!!!

geordiecolin

neiltwist said:
geordiecolin said:

yep, know chris, he was my lab partner last term!

I also found out tonight that i could have been playing at besses for the last week; i'm dissappointed obviously, but it just proves that my life is band.
I went to school with chris and he's a good mate, as is Jonathan Christer (who plays cornet incidentally). Alex Currie is also is in his 2nd yr of physics at durham and is a fantastic percussionist and i know him from Northumberland County Orchestras when i was at school

SammyT

Well, i spend most of my time absolutley shattered :shock: :shock: :shock: as I teach chemistry during the day. After that I plan and mark etc. etc :( . I spend as much time with mates as possible, but mainly I flop on the sofa!!!! My other passion, apart from banding, is watching rugby (Leicester Tigers and England) - another excuse for plenty of :guiness which i like!!!!!!!!

Heather

Jimothy.......I'd love to put my instrument on your back seat!!!!!!!

.sorry!!...........see you tonight!...............at the concert!!

Heather

..and you said you would keep it a secret too!
I do believe I was 'on top' form last night though.
I blew the best I could!

Aidan

some dog's horn presumably.. or was that a dog-horn...?

anyway,.. for once i'm going back on topic!!! :shock:
Apart from band i mostly do music too!!
At the royal northern college of music for most of my life at the moment... mostly urinating around and doing not much really!!! and when im not.. im usually on a bus or train coming to/from rncm!
Play horn in a quartet and a quintet (thats T-Horn to you frenchies!)
enjoy pool/ :guiness /footy/basketball/running/neighbours/simpsons/arranging/depping/messing around on here
and im off to new zealand in 4 (FOUR!!!) days!!!!!! with my old school band for 2 wks... :D so if you need a good argument or boccing from thurs onwards you'll have to wait a fortnight..

Heather

Have a good time Aiden! Make sure you keep Chris Wormald in hand!
You know what he's like when he's had a drink!!
No?.....nor do I!!

groovy

This may be a bit off topic, but I'm going to music camp this week and can't wait!
OK, OK, its not New Zealand, its Aberfoyle and there is only 1 shop, but music camp is a great part of my year!!!!! :D
Soz that is off topic! Just felt like posting it somewhere!