What car do you drive??

hj&jt

I drive a top of the range (when it was built in 1989) Mitsubishi Shogun. Ideal for Eb bass, baritone, me, the wife , three kids, two dogs, caravan etc. etc. and all at once!!!!

JDH

A Mercedes - it makes driving to gigs a pleasure!

My tuba just fits in the boot nicely and is safely out of sight if I stop on route.

Chris Sanders

Over summer I will be driving a Lotus Elise on Silverstone Race Track and will be going JCB racing... How cool is that??

:cool: :cool: :cool:

cornetshell

I have a Sexy Pink Fiat Cinqucento SX [means electric windows and Central Locking...hahaaa]..... :biggrin:

It gets me from A to B AND back again!! Bonus!

and i love it.... even if it is a sardine can on wheels- you cant beat Pink :tongue:

ju33les

:mad: Leave the Fiats alone!
ok so bits fall off them eventually and Timbone's is like a bionic car now with all the new parts but that doesn't make them bad..........;)

NeilW

rightnowmusic said:
I'm playing in a Chrsyler 300c, 5.7litre Hemi, with 360BHP at the mo :D

http://www.chrysler.com/300/

BTW.... It's Silver :wink:

Hmmm that's not very "green" is it at:
"(EPA estimated mpg: 17 city/ 25 highway) I don't see how they can call that "*economy* of a big V6" either. Presumably that's mp(american)g, so Imperial would be a little higher than that.

Does it have soft US-style suspension too? (i.e. needs all the electronic help it can get to go round a corner!)

How do you afford to run it too?

Neil.
(Haven't ever driven an American car I felt I wanted to actually own!)

NeilW said:
Hmmm that's not very "green" is it at:
"(EPA estimated mpg: 17 city/ 25 highway) I don't see how they can call that "*economy* of a big V6" either. Presumably that's mp(american)g, so Imperial would be a little higher than that.

Does it have soft US-style suspension too? (i.e. needs all the electronic help it can get to go round a corner!)

How do you afford to run it too?

Neil.
(Haven't ever driven an American car I felt I wanted to actually own!)

Being a Brit now living in the US, we just have to "play" :D

I'm getting a min of 22MPG, and about 29MPG on longer runs (It's a V8, and actually works on half the engine when it's cruising... Very Clever really !)..... bear in mind that the price of fuel here is alot cheaper than the UK.. We're paying around $2.20 per Gallon (about GBP1.20)... nearly a quarter of the cost it is in the UK. :wink:

It's got Sports Suspension.... Chrysler's owned by Daimler nowadays, and apparently it's the "Motor Trend Car of the Year" (although we didn't know that when we bought it).... It handles like it's on rails !

NeilW

rightnowmusic said:
Being a Brit now living in the US, we just have to "play" :D

I'm getting a min of 22MPG, and about 29MPG on longer runs (It's a V8, and actually works on half the engine when it's cruising... Very Clever really !)..... bear in mind that the price of fuel here is alot cheaper than the UK.. We're paying around $2.20 per Gallon (about GBP1.20)... nearly a quarter of the cost it is in the UK. :wink:

It's got Sports Suspension.... Chrysler's owned by Daimler nowadays, and apparently it's the "Motor Trend Car of the Year" (although we didn't know that when we bought it).... It handles like it's on rails !

I actually think that petrol is FAR TOO CHEAP in North America. If it were more expensive it would establish the culture of running less gas-guzzling/CO2 spewing/greenhouse gas creating monsters.

Its about 87p/L or £3.95 an imperial gallon at the moment (~£3.15/GalUS - just under $US6.00)

In a country where the speed limit in the majority of states is still 55mph how often do you get to use the 360bhp and for how long - do you take it on track days? How often does it actually run on all 8 cylinders?

Our car cuts out 4 cylinders when it doesn't need to run them too (like when you come to a standstill, or when running downhill and restarts automatically of course). But it only has 4 in total in an Anderson cycle engine for the technical! It can also do about a mile without using the petrol engine at all :) Its European car of the year 2005, which was splashed in the brochures.

I don't mean to get at you personally - its the American attitude that "greenhouse warming doesn't exist and the we may as well use all the oil as quickly as we can" that gets me! Why wouldn't the sign up to Kyoto? Because big business wouldn't be able to make money at the expense of the environment if they did.
[/rant !]

Neil.

grahammck

I've got an '89 (F reg) Renault 5 1.1l Campus. I've had it for 7 years and have only had to call out the breakdown people once (not long after I got it interestingly). It's needed a few replacement bits over the years, but what car hasn't...

Brian Kelly

S- reg Ford Ka. Had it for 5 years now. Good little car, reliable, cheap to run, and nippy. The boot is too small for my trombone to fit in, but otherwise no complaints.

I am thinking of getting replacing it with something else (with a bigger boot) but not really decided on what to get yet.

In October 2005 I replaced the Ka with a 52-reg Ford Fiesta. Reliable and cheap to run, still good to drive, but slightly bigger than a Ka and more spacious inside, with 4 doors and a boot big enough to accomodate my trombone.

DMBabe

Supporting Member
Noticing a spooky pattern here in the band world! I also drive a Fiat Punto (w reg, elx model, which means nicer seats as far as i can tell). Am a huge lover of the girlie button too (although I call it the "something else which rhymes with city" park button). U know what I mean! Ideal car for lugging a tenor horn and a case of crumsticks!

My hubby says it's his but it's mine!!! All mine!!! At least until i decide what I'm having next, then he might get a shot of it!

Do u think so many of us drive puntos cos they are cheap to buy thus allowing us more money to spend in the pub at contests when we don't have the car with us????:guiness

tpcornet12

Up until yesterday I drove a Citreon Xsara. I leave my car with my parents Monday to Friday and yesterday my dad phoned me to say that he borrowed it and when he was out someone ran into the back of him!! He's OK but the car's a write-off!!!

So now I'm on the look out for a car I've always wanted - Honda Prelude 2.3 (about 1995/96 I reckon). Anyone selling one?

Bryan_sop

I drive a bicyle. Very fuel efficient, quicker around town and healthier than driving (but then, I only have to cycle 3 miles to work/5 miles to band!)

BbBill

Supporting Member
Blue Audi S3, no tho not so handy for carrying tubas, think need to go for an S4 estate next time! Pretty fast, 210bhp, 4WD, not insurance friendly, not pot-hole friendly, just 25mpg and DEFINATLY not for going thru hedges at speed!! ;)

Forgot this thread was on the go!

Ive had my Audi S4 Quattro for over a year now, its got a 4.2 V8 engine, kicking out 344bhp!! Its got a lot of extra options in it, but it must be the only S4 in the country with a BBb Bass in the boot, pumping out the brass band beats!!!

It'll pass everything but the petrol station!!!! :oops:

S4_car1.JPG

Product tMP members are discussing