What BRAND of mouthpiece do you play?

What brand of mouthpiece do you use?

• Total voters

Despot

As a spin of from a recent email, are we all Denis Wick using. beer swilling, cloth cap wearing brass players? Or are you a bit more exotic?

Me, I play eupho with a Denis Wick 4AL, so guilty as charged! :D

groovy

Tenor trom - Ancient Vincent Bach
Bass Trom - Yamaha 58
Euph - Yamaha 48

I've played the yammys ever since I started euph/trom, but recently got the old bach and like it much more. I was going to buy a funky pink mp, but they only had the bass one.

Accidental

Supporting Member
I think this poll is gonna be a bit skewed by lack of choice for some instruments! I play on a DW, but its because for horn there ain't much else on the market, not that I never bothered to try anything else! :(

Despot said:
As a spin of from a recent email, are we all Denis Wick using. beer swilling, cloth cap wearing brass players? Or are you a bit more exotic?

Me, I play eupho with a Denis Wick 4AL, so guilty as charged! :D

Yes we are...UP THE 4AL WOOT!!!

paddo

Mouthpeice

Perrantucci with out a doubt.

PT50 up to this years areas then on to a PT88+, due to frequent low register and at such speed and volume.

tim

I use a dennis wick SM3.5

I find the response is great with plenty of strength and focus of sound in the upper and lower registers.

Highams

Doug Elliott set up, W116 rim, LB K cup with shanks K9, K6 & J4 for vintage euph leadpipes.

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk

bassinthebathroom

Denis Wick, always have.
Used to use DW1L on BBb Bass, then when I moved to Eb Bass a 3L and 3XL, latterly a 2L. No complaints for ensemble playing generally. Would like to try a Perrantucci though, especially as I'll be playing BBb again soon!

The Cornet King

I play a Denis Wick 3B.
Never played any other brand of mouthpiece but Denis Wick. Have always liked them and seen no real need to swap!

:wink:

Trigger

I play a Denis Wick 4B- But apparently I shouldn't be using this mouthpiece!! My music teacher said that I should be using a mouthpiece with a thicker rim! I don't know, I just play the mouthpiece that came with the cornet.

I haven't voted.
Because, i use Bach at the moment for both flugel and trumpet but i'm in the process of swapping over to a warburton custom set thing so there's not such a big change when i swap over.
:D

Lisa

I play a Denis Wick 4B- But apparently I shouldn't be using this mouthpiece!! My music teacher said that I should be using a mouthpiece with a thicker rim!
Same! I use a Denis Wick 4B but my teacher has said he thinks it's an awful mouthpiece - like a bucket! He thinks I should use a shallower mouthpiece and produce a brighter sound. Not sure that I want a brighter sound though! :?

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.