what band would you most like to be a member of?

JonP

i would to experience the old Belle Vue contest, or even just playing at the nationals when banding was popular and the venue could actiually be full. Must have been an awsome feeling. Maybe Brighouse in 68/69 for the world championships and nationals.

imthemaddude

I'm in it - because it's happy, hardworking, fun, a team and a talented MD, friendly and we all want the same thing......but if the band ever changed I can still dream of sitting on the left handside of Brian Taylor in Fairey's! :lol:

St Kilda

Spent a week in Dunedin NZ as part of my honeymoon and fell in love with the South Island......and Speights beer.

Amazing part of the world. Well done to the big man upstairs :clap: :)

if you could choose any band, whether non contesting or championship etc. what band would really want to be a member of?

(in other words what band is most popular)

it's a tough decision but it's between Polysteel, Cory and black dyke

josh:clap:
I d like to be in trinity girls band, saw them at Thameside contest, some nice looking ones, but might have to be in drag to join!

JohnnyEuph

..Any, as long as i'm challenged and and it's a laugh. Where I am at the moment fits the bill just right.

Last edited:

spyder

Point Of Ayr cetainly is a funny & fab place to be - borderline insane I would say.

(Surely that can't possible be tea Jimmy Chqbook gives us! Its worse than Nelly's Knicker-strained potion}

garsop_2000

I'd like to have played with the BNFL from the early 90's & played Soprano
well at least sat next to Alan Wycherly as admirred the man's playing

Or today it would be Grimethorpe Colliery Band or Eikanger Bjorsvik

Maybe i'll dream it tonight in my labba :)

robcornet

Would have loved to have played for Yorkshire Imperial metals when they had Fred Muscroft and Graham Walker, what I could have learned of them two. I have had the privelage playing with both of them during my short time playing at Driffield Silver Band. I would have loved to have heard them in their prime!:clap:

Two of the great cornet players of all time I reckon:clap:

Moy

Impossible I know - any band that had full attendances majority of the time and had no band politics.
OK maybe will just have to be my own school groups. ;)

i'd want to be in a band where all my banding friends were players in it and i'd have richard evans as our MD and alan fernie as our resident composor/arranger!

if i was a good enough player i'd want to play for either black dyke or brighouse and rastrick

if hebden bridge didnt rehearse on a sunday i'd want to be their solo trombone player. they are my hometown band and it would be great if that was to ever happen

conducting i'd probably want to conduct either skelmanthorpe B or lostock hall or shanklin band in the isle of wight, all 3 are bands with great potential

flash harry

i'd want to be in a band where all my banding friends were players in it and i'd have richard evans as our MD and alan fernie as our resident composor/arranger!

if i was a good enough player i'd want to play for either black dyke or brighouse and rastrick

if hebden bridge didnt rehearse on a sunday i'd want to be their solo trombone player. they are my hometown band and it would be great if that was to ever happen

conducting i'd probably want to conduct either skelmanthorpe B or lostock hall or shanklin band in the isle of wight, all 3 are bands with great potential

Not that you haven't thought about it.... seriously....

tojo

Point Of Ayr cetainly is a funny & fab place to be - borderline insane I would say.

(Surely that can't possible be tea Jimmy Chqbook gives us! Its worse than Nelly's Knicker-strained potion}

hay thats my mum lol

Dave in Florida

Band within driving distance - Central Florida
Bands outside of driving distance - Salt River (Phoenix) or Columbus
Where in the world - Kirkintelloch