What band do you play for?

Roger Thorne

Alan Collins

Hi Heather,

The mystery of Alan Collins is now solved!

I would probably recognise him by sight if he has attended our concerts but I certainly didn't recognise the name.

Have a chat to him and find out if he is coming to our Christmas Concert.
(21st December, Stanier Hall, Wem)

If so ask him to make himself known to me, I can then tell him what a wonderful employee your husband is . . . better still I can use him in a bit of audience participation :lol:

Brian

What band do you play for

I don't play for a brass band now, but the last one I played with was Shirland Miners Welfare Band, but for many years played for Bestwood Welfare "Black Diamonds" Band. I now live in the Chonburi area of Thailand,and play with a Symphony Orchestra, International Big Band and a Brass Quintet. As well as a little teaching at an International School. 8)

Fishsta

Roger Thorne said:
Hey Fishsta,

You haven't seen the size of her baubles! :shock: :lol:

Can't believe I missed this post...

Erm...

I can't think of a witty reply at all.

AndyCat

Hi Spooky

Hi Spooky,
Not been at uni for 10 years! Played with (in order!) Blackburn and Darwen, Kennedys Swinton, Fodens, Freckleton, Besses, Freckleton, Greggs, Faireys over last 16 years.
Also play with Intrada Brass (10 piece), Wigan Jazz Club Big Band etc.

http://www.andycattanach.co.uk

frisp

Manx Concert Brass-BBb Bass

Isle of Man=70,000 alcoholics clinging to a rock apparently-seems OK to me :D

Fishsta

frisp said:

Hey, I know these Isle of Man types....

According to Frisp, they're just like us! :lol:

frisp

Fishsta said:
frisp said:

Hey, I know these Isle of Man types....

According to Frisp, they're just like us! :lol:
Absolutely, but on your big Island you just don't have to cling so hard :p

Brian

Re: Alright for some

spookybiking said:
Brian must be great over thailand exotic place to be and kick boxing :evil: 8)
It is a wonderful place to live, and work a little....wouldn't want to work all week..1day is enough..Spend lots of time in the garden ,or in the pool, or on the beach..If you like fresh seafood this is the place..Biggest decision to be made each day is which pair of shorts to wear... But miss the involvement with Brass Bands.Brian

satchmo shaz

who do you play for

hello there, I've just joined, I conduct Long Eaton and play cornet for Newstead welfare. I also have my own 12 peice dance band

rutty

Re: who do you play for

satchmo shaz said:
hello there, I've just joined, I conduct Long Eaton and play cornet for Newstead welfare. I also have my own 12 peice dance band
Hello Sharon! The Nottingham troupe increases... I'm sat here typing this in Beeston! 8)

kimmy

I play solo Euph with Wire brass which are based in Warrington Lancashire (NORTH WEST) I love it. They're a wicked bunch o ppl.

We've got the xmas band do on saturday and i'm REALLY excited.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Keppler

Staff member
kimmy said:
I play solo Euph with Wire brass which are based in Warrington Lancashire (NORTH WEST) I love it. They're a wicked bunch o ppl.

We've got the xmas band do on saturday and i'm REALLY excited.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Your enthusiasm has quite cheered up my day.. good on you...

satchmo shaz

rutty said:
satchmo shaz said:
Hello Sharon! The Nottingham troupe increases... I'm sat here typing this in Beeston! 8)
.... small world int it!, 5 miles away then..........if you ever fancy a blow you are always welcome down at LE.........cheers shaz x

rutty

satchmo shaz said:
rutty said:
satchmo shaz said:
.... small world int it!, 5 miles away then..........if you ever fancy a blow you are always welcome down at LE.........cheers shaz x
I think my MD might have something to say about that (Mr T Wilson - Carlton Brass!) :wink: