Wetherby Silver Band seeks players

ploughboy

In between Conducting Emley and playing for the Imps I usually end up with R'Kid playing for Wetherby over the summer.

A good choice of music is always on the stand and Glyn (the MD) always likes lots of impro and noise from the back "no conga part? Make it up!"

Good bunch of guys, very freindly, well organised -

AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, There's always a helping hand with the gear! Which as a fellow drummer i know you'll be glad to hear! For some jobs "the heavy team" take all the gear early and set everything up (bless the retired folk with nothing better to do!)

I'll see you down there then?

I've just realised you'll stryggle to contact MD Glyn as I gave no contact details - so here we are:

EDIT: Please forward details by PM as per tMP policy. ;) - SMod: Di.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gone to Japan...

Wetherby and District Silver Band are on the lookout for a Solo Euphonium...

Chris has been called away to Japan by his company for about 3 - 4 months, so we need someone to fill in, and you'd be more than welcome to stay of course!!

Also looking for full time percussion and a solo cornet...

Own bandroom in Wetherby, good setup, easily accessible from Leeds / Harrogate / York etc. 2 mins off A1. Rehearsals Tue & Fri.

PM for details.

Position Filled

Hello,

We've managed to find a new drummer via our own website!! Richard Wappett is taking on the challenge and we hope he'll stay with the band for a good while!!

Kevin

Wetherby Silver seeks Solo Cornet

Hello,

Solo Cornet - to sit on the second seat, support principle Andy Yeomans, and complete the line up. The band plays in a few contests each year (Areas, Easingwold, Hardraw Scar, Malton) and we have plenty of jobs, all under the direction of MD Glyn Kearsley... Our second section status for 2007 was confirmed recently, leaving us in a strong position for the areas next year. We rehearse Tue & Fri evenings, 8 - 9.45, in the centre of Wetherby. Very easy access from Leeds / Harrogate / York etc - you'll be surprised how little time it takes to get there!! There's a regular pub crowd afterwards for refreshments in one of the many local pubs...

We're also looking for regular attending Eb Bass & Percussion (mainly Kit!)

The band website is: www.wetherbysilverband.org.uk

Send me a PM to arrange to come along to a rehearsal...

Cheers
Kevin

Bb Bass - Yorkshire 2nd Section - Wetherby

Hello,

Due to increasing difficulties with arthritis, one our Bb basses is having to decrease his activity with the band, and has asked us to seek a replacement...

So, any Bb basses in the area looking for a change? Friendly band, about 2 jobs a month on average, a few contests (Areas (@ Bradford), Easingwold, Hardraw Scar, Malton) possibly one other! Wetherby is only 20 mins from Leeds / York / Harrogate / Wakefield etc...

Rehearsals Tue & Fri 8 - 9.45, in our own band room in the town centre, followed by refreshments in one of the many local pubs...

We're also looking for a Solo Cornet, regular Eb bass and percussion... See our website (www.wetherbysilverband.org.uk) for full details of the band and forthcoming engagements...

Last edited:

rowkseat141

Hi,

I'm a Bass player, mainly Bb but would play Eb if needed. I am currently a student in Leeds and will possibly be looking to a band in the area. Only snag is I don't own my own bass and I would require a lift to rehersals an back again from the Leeds LS6 postcode area.
My band record includes 5 years at St. Helens Youth Band as the principal Bb Bass and 4 years at the Rainford Band (N.W. 3rd section Champions) also playing Bb bass. I have also deputised at the Greenalls and Pemberton Bands.
I am available for rehersals after the National Finals in Harrogate on the 23rd of September.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Tom

Conductor Required - Yorks 2nd Section

The Wetherby Silver Band are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and committed Musical Director. Rehearsals take place on Tuesday and Friday evenings, 8 - 9.45pm at our band room which is just off Bank Street in the centre of Wetherby (see details on www.wetherbysilverband.org.uk).
Please register your interest with the band's chairman, Stephen Ramsbottom, which can be done by PMing Me!

Solo Euph, Flugel Horn & Bass Trombone Required too!

In addition to looking for a new conductor, Wetherby find themselves looking for a Flugel Horn and Solo Euphonium as a result of the departure of long time conductor Glyn Kearsley. The bass trombone seat has been vancant since I vacated it in March after moving house!

Flugel and Solo Euph seats in the 2nd section don't come up all the time, so get yourselves down to Wetherby and see if you like it!

PM me and I'll pass on your details, or answer any questions...

ploughboy

Wetherby are playing tonight at England Vs. France under 19 (Ladies) football at Harrogate Town Football club - Anyone interested could pop down and see them!

They've a dedicated team and some cracking players in every section. I find it's always a pleasure when i'm down helping them out!

LittleMissEuph

Wetherby are happy to announce the recruitment of Roy Roe as MD

:clap: Wetherby Silver Band are pleased to welcome Roy Roe as our new Musical Director, with immediate effect.

We're really looking forward to working with Roy and are confident about the future of the band.

If you'd like to join this band in the exciting times to come, please view the recruitment pages of our website wwww.wetherbysilverband.org.uk.

We're looking for enthusiastic and dynamic players in the following positions:

Trombone
Principal Euphonium
BBb Bass
Various cornet vacancies

Please contact me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Sarah :sup

LittleMissEuph

Wetherby Silver Band have just recruited a new MD, Mr Roy Roe.

COME AND JOIN US IN THESE EXCITING TIMES!!!

We are seeking enthusiastic players in the following positions:

Trombone
Principal Euphonium
Cornets
BBb Bass

Get in touch to register your interest, or visit our website at www.wetherbysilverband.org.uk

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator:
Wetherby Silver Band, are currnetly looking to recruit one Front Row Cornet, A Flugel and a BBb Bass - One more full time drummer (kit and tuned) would be very welcome too.

We rehearse in the town center, 2 mins off the A1. Tuesday's and Friday's 8pm - 9.45pm.

Under our New Musical Director, Garry Hallas, rehearsals are packed full of different music, different analagies (gotta be heard to be believed!) and lots of fun. Yes fun!

In our first outing in the 3rd section 2009 we placed a brilliant 5th at the Preston Guild Hall Contest.

We most urgently need a Flugel player for the Yorkshire Areas (7th March) but other players as welcome as and when. PM us to arrange to come down one evening, or PM ploughboy (Garry Hallas) for an chat and details about where we are looking to take the band.

Having Settled back in "normal" life, after the area's etc, we are still looking for a FLUGEL player, we've just filled our vacant Solo Euph seat and are looking forward to a fun summer season, starting on 3rd May with Wetherby Bandstand.

If you fancy playing Flugel with a friendly 3rd section band based just north of leeds, give me a shout. . . .

Happy Easter!

waynefiler

Don't forget to mention that Wetherby Band also need a back row cornet and a soprano to take over from Kathy and myself once we make the move down south.

Wonky_Baton

Wetherby Silver Band Need Players

Wetherby Silver Band require the following players for a full strength band:

Soprano
Flugal Horn
Solo Baritone
2nd Trombone
Eb or Bb Bass

We are an ambitious 3rd section band in West Yorkshire under new MD Alan Seymour and all details can be found on our new website www.wetherbysilverband.com

Our next contest is Hardraw Scar on the 13th of September and I would like a couple of players in by then. If you fancy a change or have been left banding for a while and want to get back into it please get in touch. We welcome students and lifts can be arranged from Leeds and York.

If interested e-mail alan@seymour34.freeserve.co.uk, telephone 077 9376 3975 or Pm me thanks

Wonky_Baton

Wetherby Silver Band require the following players for a full strength band:

Soprano
Flugal Horn
Solo Baritone
2nd Trombone
Eb or Bb Bass

We are an ambitious 3rd section band in West Yorkshire under new MD Alan Seymour and all details can be found on our new website www.wetherbysilverband.com

Our next contest is Hardraw Scar on the 13th of September and I would like a couple of players in by then. If you fancy a change or have been left banding for a while and want to get back into it please get in touch. We welcome students and lifts can be arranged from Leeds and York.

If interested e-mail alan@seymour34.freeserve.co.uk, telephone 077 9376 3975 or Pm me thanks

We have a good chance of recruiting a new second trombone player but the rest of the positions are sill vacant. If interested come to see the band in action on the Sun 30th of August at Wetherby Bandstand.